Percival Proctor parts question

MattQ

I've ordered the Dora Wings Proctor III kit and have been looking at pics as prep. Not that I need to know to build the kit, but I'm curious about the function of two parts. One is a teardrop shaped bulge with a forward facing tube on the lower right engine cowling and other is a somewhat similar item beneath the left wing root.  TIA!

The bulge starboard cowling is the generator fairing. The lower lefthand side is the oil cooler. The Mk.3 had a slimmer fuselage than the Mk.4 and lighter, ,it was livelier and more pleasant to fly. Approach and stall speeds could be approached 5 mph slower. It was faster with a cruise at 150 mph and a 1,000 feet per minute climb rate. It was more of a pilot's machine than the Mk.4.

Edited by T-21

Oops, another question!  I'm getting the civil version. Were civil Proctor IIIs ex military or produced for the civil market? The reason for asking is whether I should use the military interior or scratch civil seats etc? TIA!

I *think* the first postwar civilian Proctors were the Vs, i.e. all civilian I, II III and IV variants were ex RAF/FAA. Of course some or all might have been overhauled/upgraded after sale into the civilian market to give them nice comfy upholstery!

• Like 1