Cockpit color of the Junkers Ju 188.

MACALAIN

1 hour ago, Seawinder said:

RLM 66 for sure. RLM 02 was used in fighter cockpits until sometime during Bf 109 E production, but bomber cockpits were apparently being painted 66 even before the official mandate early in the war.

Thank you very much for the info.

Alain

31 minutes ago, amos brierley said:

Hello.       RLM 66.  Maybe some wooden components.     😉

Thank you also.

Alain

Hi Alain

Perhaps not definitive (in that it's an exterior, rather than interior view), but helpful I think

Ju 188D2s of 4~F~Aufklarungsgruppe at Kassel enlarged

Ju188D-2s of 4.(F) Aufklarungsgruppe surrendered at Kassel 1945. 7A+RM in the foreground  and  WNr 230424 7A+LM  behind - Source expired eBay Auction

Click on the pic to enlarge - the cockpit framing seems to be RLM66 outside and inside to my eye.

It's a nicely balanced colour photograph if you check the sky, grass and the faces and uniforms of the American troops. Also the red fire extinguisher!

HTH

SD

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, SafetyDad said:

Hi Alain

Perhaps not definitive (in that it's an exterior, rather than interior view), but helpful I think

Ju188D-2s of 4.(F) Aufklarungsgruppe surrendered at Kassel 1945. 7A+RM in the foreground  and  WNr 230424 7A+LM  behind - Source expired eBay Auction

Click on the pic to enlarge - the cockpit framing seems to be RLM66 outside and inside to my eye.

It's a nicely balanced colour photograph if you check the sky, grass and the faces and uniforms of the American troops. Also the red fire extinguisher!

HTH

SD

Thank you very much

Alain

2 hours ago, dov said:

Just to mention:

Do not take a too dark shade of RLM 66!

Lighten it with some percent white before spraying.

Happy modelling

Thank you for the info.

I shall use the Hataka one for the first time.

It is not my predilection models, but I have receved 64 twin or multi engines WW II german models in 1/72.

Most old italerEI. I don' want to sell them, thus I'll make them.

Alain

16 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

Thank you for the info.

I shall use the Hataka one for the first time.

It is not my predilection models, but I have receved 64 twin or multi engines WW II german models in 1/72.

Most old italerEI. I don' want to sell them, thus I'll make them.

Alain

Most of the German WWII stuff that I have will be built as either captured or some other user other than Germany.  Just a thought.

Later,

Dave

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, e8n2 said:

Most of the German WWII stuff that I have will be built as either captured or some other user other than Germany.  Just a thought.

Later,

Dave

Thank you for your idea.

Alain

On 11/18/2022 at 9:36 AM, SafetyDad said:

Hi Alain

HTH

SD

I probably will get cursed about this but notice one of the topside colors is blue, maybe the infamous RLM83 ( or was it 84 ? )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, occa said:

I probably will get cursed about this but notice one of the topside colors is blue, maybe the infamous RLM83 ( or was it 84 ? )

You will not get cursed, yo will be excused for being color blind 😉

Grab the photo, load it into IrfanView (or another image processing software), crop the picture to the relevant parts ((left: the soldiers (cut off the black), right: rightmost plan, top: cut away some of the sky, bottom: cut away some of the "grass"), let the software "autocorrect" the colors (check skin tones, uniforms and whites of national insignia, check color of sundried grass), rerevaluate "blue" topside camo.

The individial codes "R" and "L" on the fuselages are blue (with a white outline), maybe even RLM 24.

The sky is blue, as is the landscape in the distance.

Aircraft undersides are "kinda blue" (light blueish grey).

Topsides are? (come on!)