Hello everyone

Nerazzurri

Hi folks.

I see I joined here in 2012, when I had a go at armour. I can't remember if I did a hello post then or not, but after so long away I thought I'd do a new one anyway.

Last year I thought I'd try and rekindle my love of building aircraft kits when in my teenage years. The stash came on really well, but nothing got built! Mostly due to a relocation, relationship and career. Now though, the bug has really bitten. I'm not getting much building done, and the stash is still growing. But I'm trying to get time at the bench and I'm reading lots too.

I've just finished my 1st aircraft kit in about 30 years. As I'm not prolific, I think I'll just do a workbench thread to show my builds in one place. I'm viewing it as a life hobby now though, and I hope to have a nice stash for when I have more time in retirement.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy your builds.

Gavin.

Edited by Nerazzurri
Formatting
  • Like 4

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here. It does add something to the hobby.

Be wary of accumulating too many kits, especially in the first flush of enthusiasm. Build more and buy less is my motto! 😄

Ian

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, IanC said:

Be wary of accumulating too many kits, especially in the first flush of enthusiasm. Build more and buy less

That's very, very true Ian.

I'm thinking it's a good thing though - accumulate them before I retire. I'm likely to have more time and less disposable income then maybe, and also with the price of kits increasing in the last few years.

But yes, there's a still a "be aware" tag on the stash!

• Like 2