Airfix Aviation Photo Awards 2022

John R

I saw this on the Airfix website and sent in an entry but have not seen anything else (i.e other entries or results) about it since and Airfix have not responded to my queries.

Does anybody know anything about it?

John

6 hours ago, John R said:

I saw this on the Airfix website and sent in an entry but have not seen anything else (i.e other entries or results) about it since and Airfix have not responded to my queries.

Does anybody know anything about it?

John

I am equally mystified by the radio silence from Airfix. I did enquire on the competition thread on FB several weeks ago (well after the competition had closed) as to when the winning entries would be revealed but there was no reply. Perhaps there is a good reason for no announcement but if they want to encourage entries for any future competition then keeping entrants informed would be a nice start. 

I am glad that someone else is having the same problem. I was beginning to feel that I was either living in a parallel universe or had imagined the whole thing.

John

You're not alone! As it happens, I have just checked the Airfix FB page (how I hate FB) and a chap called Paul Bradley has posed the same question. The disingenuous response 15 hours ago was "Hi Paul, the deadline was 14th October - no date was set for the announcement of winners. Ian Black, our judge, is currently deliberating on the many incredible shots submitted" which seems to ignore the T&Cs which stated that the winner would be notified within 14 days of the close and had to choose their prize within 14 days, so 11th November if my counting of the days is correct. 

At least Airfix have replied. My queries on the FB page disappeared. At least they could have updated the competiton site to say 'hold your horses, we are overwhelmed'

Another mischievious thought. Perhaps there are problems with Ian Black over his fee. 'When I signed up I did not expect thousands of entries. Do you expect me to work for months for peanuts?'

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is not related to the issue specifically but I'm not happy with this competition overall. I signed up for it, filling out the form took about half an hour

and for whatever reason, airfix decided to put the T&Cs at the end of the form

that's when I found out the competition is 18+, after completely filling out the form and getting all excited.

(I was mere months away from turning 18 but couldn't sign up for legal reasons)

• Sad 1