Airfix Space Shuttle 1/144 (A10170)

Airfix Space Shuttle 1/144 (A10170) - Stash Order 7

This is the fourth build of my stash bash which aimed to reduce my anxiety of too many kits and not enough time and get the stash to a manageable level of 2. Links to the others at the bottom.

Had this in the stash for a few years, started and stopped a few times, nt sure of all the reasons, Used AXM paper-models version as a guide to how it should look with markings and colours etc. as they are very well researched. This was built as Discovery STS-91 as I actually saw this launch in person. Used a combination of New Ware, Airfix, Hot Dog and another company who I cannot remember (These are the blueish looking tile decals on the upper surface which may be because time affected them!). The Hot Dog one were for the surface underneath, these look great but not really seen! This was one of the reason for delay as I saw Hot Dog were going to produce some but nothing appeared for a while, but I emailed them and they had actually been producing them for a while. I'm reasonably happy with this build apart from the main tank which is a little too orange. I made some alterations to the tail and also added strips to the main tank rather than use the decal. I had issues with the white on the orbiter as I managed to smudge some black paint on it, so had to touch up carefully. I made a base to look like the other Airfix 1/144 space model bases. Two dowels go through the base and into the SRB's to keep it upright. I also glued the connector on the main tank to allow it to be posed as in flight on the black stand.

y4me0JohhLDBPpNpViaxxcmpx-GGR68yPdxwVe9a  

y4mGQAuhg6HEm5uVEtNeLJLLybeHz5fto1SskU1B

y4mSZ1O0VK5NVOWiMhYXOwQRc5pEruU1UUFgPWNz

Links to other builds in the Stash Bash:-

Airfix BAE Hawk 1/72 (A03073) - Stash Order 8 - Not built as all the decals broke and I wasn't happy with the silver finish - Binned!
Airfix Tiger Moth 1/48 (A04104) - Stash Order 12 - Crushed the wing struts and applied yellow paint the was not in a symmetrical pattern and way too thick - Binned!
Airfix Skylab built as Saturn V 1/144 (A11150/A11170) - Stash Order 5 Link
Airfix Mustang 1/72 - Stash Order 9 Link
Academy Hawker Typhoon 1/72 (12462) - Stash Order 10 Link
Airfix Space Shuttle 1/144 (A10170) - Stash Order 7 
Airfix DUKW 1/72 (A02316) - Stash Order 13 Link
Revell Eurocopter EC-145 1/72 (04653) - Stash Order 11 Link
Tamiya Newman Haas T93 Lola 1/20 (20040) - Stash Order 2 Link
Tamiya Williams FW14b Mini F1 1/28  (28004) - Stash Order 3 Link
Tamiya Ferrari F189 early 1/20 (20023) - Stash Order 1 Link
Airfix MkVb 1/24 Spitfire (A50055A) - Stash Order 4 - Link
Airfix GR7 Harrier 1/72 (A82010) - Stash Order 6 Link
Belkits MG Metro 6R4 1/24 (BEL-015) - Stash Order 14 Link