Dragon Ju188E-1 Avenger in Biggly 1/48 scale

13 hours ago, Mottlemaster said:

Thanks Craig

It was a toss up between trying to do the spots free hand or with a mask . In the end i decided that the size ,sharpness of the border and spacing would make spraying free hand far ,far above my skill level .

I started by applying an overall top coat of RLM 66 and when totally dry i applied the masks .

P1040063

The spot making kit .

The two matchstick sizes allowed for the creation of different size spots . I found the square profile of the match stick end gave a much cleaner spot than a round applicator as maybe it was easier for the surface tension of the Copydex to break from the corners of a square .

P1040062

I started at the tail so i could match the spot size and dencity from the diagram supplied by Aims .

P1040064

P1040066

It took around two days for the copydex to fully dry after  which i applied the Rlm 76 .

P1040067

The 76 was left to fully dry so that when the edge of the spots are cleaned off with a trimmed down stiff brush i would get no smudging

P1040068

P1040071

P1040072

I hope to get some black on today but am away on holiday next week so thisone will be a non finisher .

Neat solution - and it has worked out well. fabulous effect!! 

• Thanks 1