Fit of Master turned barrels to Trumpeter Warspite (1/700)

Compared to the kit barrels, the Master barrels are 3mm longer if fitted to the kit's barrels with sleeves (part K4), and more than 5mm short if fittet to the kit barrels w/o sleeve (part K8), presuming I am to cut off the barrel at the forward end of the sleeve or at the trunnion respectively.

The Master instructions are not helpful to this modeler of moderate intelligence.

27 minutes ago, Richard502 said:

Compared to the kit barrels, the Master barrels are 3mm longer if fitted to the kit's barrels with sleeves (part K4), and more than 5mm short if fittet to the kit barrels w/o sleeve (part K8), presuming I am to cut off the barrel at the forward end of the sleeve or at the trunnion respectively.

The Master instructions are not helpful to this modeler of moderate intelligence.

I had something similar, but I can’t remember which ship it was. I cut the plastic barrel in the wrong place, making the metal barrel too long.

On 11/16/2022 at 8:29 AM, Richard502 said:

Hi Richard, I'm not a moderator here but I notice this isn't the first question you've posted here in WIP. The place to post questions is Maritime Discussion by Era, selecting your particular time period of course. Work in Progress is just for full build logs of models. You'll get lots more advice if you post in the right place, mate.

• Thanks 1