Junkers W34 hau - Special Hobby 1/72

The model came out in 2000, and I bought it immediately, given my insane passion for particular and definitely not beautiful aircraft. It is the typical 'short run', with all its flaws. The work to be done in the fuselage is considerable, as the internal surfaces of the kit are smooth, while in reality they were wavy, which requires extensive self-construction. Many small details, both internal and external, must then be refined or reconstructed, in particular as regards the external surfaces of the fuselage and the wings.

The model represents a Junkers W34 hau of the FFS A/B 121 flight school, based in Straubing in the summer of 1940.

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 01

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 06

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 12

The 'animal' is painted, as always, entirely by brush, in total RLM 63 (mixture of Humbrol Enamels).

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 20

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 21 32

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 28

A detail.

Z1

Hope you like it.
Thanks for your attention.
Giampiero Piva

• Like 66
  • Thanks 6

Molto bello e pulito..........

Tu mi tenti.............

Very nice and clean.....

You tempt me..........

Ettore :bye:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Giampiero Piva said:

The model came out in 2000, and I bought it immediately, given my insane passion for particular and definitely not beautiful aircraft. It is the typical 'short run', with all its flaws. The work to be done in the fuselage is considerable, as the internal surfaces of the kit are smooth, while in reality they were wavy, which requires extensive self-construction. Many small details, both internal and external, must then be refined or reconstructed, in particular as regards the external surfaces of the fuselage and the wings.

The model represents a Junkers W34 hau of the FFS A/B 121 flight school, based in Straubing in the summer of 1940.

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 01

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 06

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 12

The 'animal' is painted, as always, entirely by brush, in total RLM 63 (mixture of Humbrol Enamels).

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 20

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 21 32

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 28

A detail.

Z1

Hope you like it.
Giampiero Piva

Nicely done.

Alain

• Thanks 1

I cannot believe the level of fine and intricate detail that you made for this aircraft and in 1/72 too.  I am hoping, other than the photos, this level of detail is still somewhat visible in the finished model.  And, I cannot believe everything was brush painted.  Overall, I am in awe of this build.  Corrugated surfaces pose such a problem to paint and decal.  It looks like you had no problems at all achieving such a nice finish on the paint job.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 8:05 AM, Giampiero Piva said:

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 01

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 06

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 12

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 20

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 21 32

JuW34 hau 'BO+GM' 28

A detail.

Z1

Hope you like it.
Giampiero Piva

Great job Giampiero...

😍

ciao 

Silvano

• Thanks 1

Beautiful build, finish and incredible detailing. Awesome work! Really happy to see this as for some reason I've always liked the look of the W34. I've got the old MPM W34 dating from 1994 in the stash to build. I'm guessing this was the precursor to this Special Hobby kit, which I wanted to get, but they rarely show now at a sensible price. If my build comes out only a fraction as good as your W34, I'll be happy!

• Thanks 1