2024 Bunfight Poll

Enzo the Magnificent

2024 Bunfight Poll  

199 members have voted

1. 1. 2024 GB poll. Please choose up to FIVE options.

• It was in a book/film/song
    • Project Cancelled
    • South of the Rio Grande
    • The Early/Late, a passage of time build
    • 1946-1964 ('Baby Boomers')
    • WW2 Axis & Allied Twins
    • Made In Ukraine
    • The Golden Age Of Transport
    • Anything by Eduard
    • All creatures great and small
    • Dangerous machines, death traps, disasters and design flaws
    • Asia
    • All Things Mig
    • Track Day
    • Double Supersonic
    • US Navy
    • I'm Freezing
    • What Goes Up... rotary wings

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2023 at 11:59 PM

19 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Okay folks, it's all over.   As you can see from Rich's latest graphic, there was a tie for seventh place.  This means that both Project Cancelled and Asia will get a place.  We will have 8 GBs next year.

Commiserations to all those who didn't make the cut.  This is always a sad time for me as  know how much thought and preparation went into each and every GB proposal.  I don't like seeing any of them fail.  But, sadly, that's the way of the Bunfight.

The available slots are as follows (note seven as I have already have a nomination for one)

Sat, 6 Jan 24  to  Sun, 28 Apr 24

Sat, 30 Mar 24  to  Sun, 21 Jul 24

Sat, 11 May 24  to  Sun, 1 Sep 24

Sat, 25 May 24  to  Sat, 14 Sep 24

Sat, 22 Jun 24  to  Sun, 13 Oct 24

Sat, 3 Aug 24  to  Sun, 24 Nov 24

Sat, 7 Sep 24  to  Sun, 29 Dec 24

Please let me know your preferences for the slots. 

Can I take the 2nd set of dates for golden age of transport. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Okay folks, it's all over.   As you can see from Rich's latest graphic, there was a tie for seventh place.  This means that both Project Cancelled and Asia will get a place.  We will have 8 GBs next year.

Commiserations to all those who didn't make the cut.  This is always a sad time for me as  know how much thought and preparation went into each and every GB proposal.  I don't like seeing any of them fail.  But, sadly, that's the way of the Bunfight.

The available slots are as follows (note seven as I have already have a nomination for one)

Sat, 6 Jan 24  to  Sun, 28 Apr 24

Sat, 30 Mar 24  to  Sun, 21 Jul 24

Sat, 11 May 24  to  Sun, 1 Sep 24

Sat, 25 May 24  to  Sat, 14 Sep 24

Sat, 22 Jun 24  to  Sun, 13 Oct 24

Sat, 3 Aug 24  to  Sun, 24 Nov 24

Sat, 7 Sep 24  to  Sun, 29 Dec 24

Please let me know your preferences for the slots. 

If it hasnt been taken the11May-1 Sept slot would be helpful for The U.S. Navy Fleet build. It wouldnt conflict too heavilly with The Few GB at the end of the year.

• Like 1

I'm up early this morning to see the result (remember when the Bunfight used to last four weeks?!).

Overall I'm pretty happy, although sad to see that Track Days didn't quite make it.  All's not lost though, as I can sneak some motor sport into a few of the other GBs.

Thanks to all the hosts who invested their time and emotion in proposing a great range of GBs, and to @Enzo the Magnificent and @trickyrich for bringing it all together.

Cheers 

• Like 6

Wow that was close! Golden age at a solid third place after taking an eight count earlier on!

That was my only GB for next year so I'm glad it's in.

• Like 2

Well...that is a very satisfying looking graph.  Aside from the Mig GB, all my votes went through the gate.  It looks like I can build almost anything in my stash in one form or the other.  And that's without the STGB.  This could be a fun year of model making.  And I am excited about the tie.  That's very cool.  Thank you @trickyrich and @Enzo the Magnificent for all your tireless work in keeping up with the madness. 

• Like 2

Well that was fast and furious at the end! Some of my favs got through, some didn’t, but plenty of potential for some great builds next year. Thanks to all the GB proposers and cajolers, to @trickyrich for the spreadsheet trickery and to @Enzo the Magnificent for, well, being all things Enzo!

• Like 1

Hi Enzo

Can the  Made in Ukraine GB have Sat, 7 Sep 24  to  Sun, 29 Dec  please.

With the Frog II GB and D-Day Anniversary GB that makes a full year of GB hosting for me next year :facepalm:

Note to self:

Try and find time to build something, and just join other GBs in 2025  ! :rofl:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

That would be my job...

Thanks Enzo. And very much appreciated it is too. I don’t have the pleasure of asking you for a date, but I’ll look forward to seeing the completed calendar and picking those that fit without too much overlap. Well done to the winners; I’ll be asking to join a few, I’m sure!! Cheers 🍻 

• Like 1

Well, that was emotional!  

Although the group build I was reallly interested in hasn't made it, there are others that did.  

It's been fun to follow this ..... 

Hopefully with some spare time and participation, my build total for 2024 will be better than 2023! 

Keith 😁 

• Like 2

It is shaping up as follows.

WW2 Twins                            6 Jan 24 to 28 Apr 24

Baby Boomers                       17 Feb 24 to 9 Jun 24

Golden Age of Transport       30 Mar 24 to 21 Jul 24

US Navy                                 11 May 24 to 1 Sep 24

Rio Grande                             25 May 24 to 14 Sep 24

Available                               22 Jun 24 to 13 Oct 24

Available                               3 Aug 24 to 24 Nov 24

Made In Ukraine                    7 Sep 24 to 29 Dec 24

I can't see any major clashes at the moment.  NATO 75th and US Navy have a bit of an overlap, but both GBs have a sufficiently wide scope that it shouldn't cause any real problems.   Let me know if you can see any other clashes.    We just need @Col. to confirm his preferred date for the Asia GB and we're good to go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Top jobs done by @Enzo the Magnificent and @trickyrich in keeping us all in line and entertained throughout the process, and also everyone who was daft enough to propose and volunteer to host a GB. 

Now, is it a good time to suggest the Civilian Tuk Tuk GB for '25?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

It is shaping up as follows.

WW2 Twins                            6 Jan 24 to 28 Apr 24

Baby Boomers                       17 Feb 24 to 9 Jun 24

Golden Age of Transport       30 Mar 24 to 21 Jul 24

US Navy                                 11 May 24 to 1 Sep 24

Rio Grande                             25 May 24 to 14 Sep 24

Available                               22 Jun 24 to 13 Oct 24

Available                               3 Aug 24 to 24 Nov 24

Made In Ukraine                    7 Sep 24 to 29 Dec 24

I can't see any major clashes at the moment.  NATO 75th and US Navy have a bit of an overlap, but both GBs have a sufficiently wide scope that it shouldn't cause any real problems.   Let me know if you can see any other clashes.    We just need @Col. to confirm his preferred date for the Asia GB and we're good to go.

August to November suits me best boss.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Col. said:

August to November suits me best boss.

Thanks Col.  

Now we have a firm calender for next year's GB programme.   I will publish it later today and we can then sort out any last minute tweaks.

• Thanks 6

Well that was an interesting race in the middle of the field though I didn’t notice much movement among the leaders and trailers. 

Personally, I’d backed nothing but three-legged nags so I’ll be standing as an independent next year but that’s life. 

It looks like there’s going to be some interesting stuff built in GBs in ‘24. I’ll be a happy spectator at quite a few of them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'v cleaned up the blood and the bodies in The Bunfight forum.  All the successful candidates have been moved to the Future Group Builds forum to await their turn.  All the unsuccessful candidates have been moved to the Bunfight Archives forum.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/811-2023-bunfight-archives/

Once the forward links expire, it should leave The Bunfight forum nice and squeaky clean ready for next year's Bunfight carnage.  :D

And that brings us to the next order of business.  Please give this your consideration.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1