2023 Definitive Groupbuild Calendar

Okay folks, that's it.  :phew:   The Bunfight is over once again and now we have a definitive Groupbuild calendar for next year.  Although...   it doesn't show the Bliztbuilds and KUTA GB, but they will be in their usual dates.

spacer.png

It's a pretty packed schedule - 22 groupbuilds, not counting Blitzbuilds and KUTA.  That's the most we've ever had.

However, I believe it also has the widest scope that we have ever had.  If you can think of it, it can fit into one of these groupbuilds.   Tanks?  yep.  Civilian vehicles?  yep.  Ships?   yep.   Real space?  yep.  Science fiction?  yep.  Figures?   yep.  We've even had two suggestions for buildings! 

I would like to thank every member of the Britmodeller Groupbuild community.   There is an experienced cadre of GB hosts who never fail in their support and step up year after year.  It's also important to note that there are three people who are new to hosting for 2023.   Welcome all! I appreciate your enthusiasm and support.   :thumbsup: 

There are always new recruits wanting to enter the various groupbuilds and I feel this just goes to show how vibrant the groupbuild community is.  Everyone is always :welcome: 

So whether you are hosting, building or simply watching the festivities; whether you provide feedback and constructive criticism, support, banter or good natured insults :) ; however you choose to make the community the special place that it is...   :thanks:

I think I'm going to lie down in a darkened room for a few weeks!  :lol: 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 24

Thanks for all the fantastic work Enzo. A really nice range this year as you say. Quick question, there's a decent gap at the end of the year, how come the schedule finishes in October? Also, while I know what it is, I always wondered what KUTA stands for...

Andy

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

Quick question, there's a decent gap at the end of the year, how come the schedule finishes in October?

Experience has shown that if we start GBs late into November and December, they run over into the following year and people tend to lose interest when there are nice shiny new GBs to play with.  But don't worry, with the KUTA and Xmas Blitzenbuild there will be plenty to keep people occupied. 

• Thanks 3

I don't know about anyone else, but this calendar 'suits me sir'. I work fast so I'd never use all three or four months of a group job (except for an exceptional kit) and by selecting my own start and finish dates within the official ones, I find that I can participate in all six of the GBs and the single STGB that I fancied for the year.

I realise that no-one else cares but I'm going to share my schedule because I'm excited about it already! Three months of Salty Dog from January to March should see my 1/16 Whaleboat bobbing on the waves. Then April is a month of heavy lifting building a Faun Tank Transporter for the Heer (of which more later). May sees me scouting in a R-R armoured car or a Sawn Off Daimler. June is Leopard month and when my PzHBz 2000 is done it will sit nicely on the Faun. July begins four full months of Entropy hosting and the lightweight building of my shot up and burned out Toyota Yaris. Ooops! No that is my real car! I mean my Toyota pick up truck wiv a gun onnit. At some time over the summer of Entropy I'll have a side order of Southern Europe, an Italian armed car from WWII and/or a Cypriot Valentine tank conversion. When Entropy ceases and the universe is dead cold in November, I'll take a hot holiday in the desert with one of Popski's wilder ideas, a flamethrower jeep and I might find time to have a bash at my Bishop (SPG) leading up to Christmas. 

What a marvellous year!

• Like 9

Wonderful, have to dust off my Fredrichshaffen and get my Sablatnig warmed up for January but I have Kits/builds for everything except the Draken and B17 STGBs so for the next few weeks I shall focus on my WIP.  So now I’m off to progress my two meteors…

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dansk said:

i'm kinda screwed as they fall on top of gbs I'm hosting

I've got your back on the desert GB mate.👍

A huge thank you to our glorious GB leader @Enzo the Magnificent for his usual outstanding job in sorting all the potential chaos out, it really is very much appreciated.

🇺🇦

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

We've even had two suggestions for buildings! 

There’s a strong chance there will be a lighthouse in Salty Sea Dog. It’s going to be a good year.

Thanks again for all your hard work. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well this is the 1st year since 2018 Im not a host of my own build. Shouldn't be too bad I need a small break after this year. I will be proposing a couple more though so keep a lookout. I am co-hosting three the F-8/A-7 STGB, the Fw.190 STGB, and the P-47 STGB. Id like to thank @Enzo the Magnificent for his hard work.

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well this is the 1st year since 2018 Im not a host of my own build. Shouldn't be too bad I need a small break after this year. I will be proposing a couple more though so keep a lookout. I am co-hosting three the F-8/A-7 STGB, the Fw.190 STGB, and the P-47 STGB. Id like to thank @Enzo the Magnificent for his hard work.

Dennis

Don’t worry Dennis We’ll be keeping you busy in corsairs and crusaders :whip:

• Like 1

Yup, looking at the above, I'm in for a busy year 2023, there may have to be sacrifices :( , I'm sure I muddle through though. :) 

As many others have said prior, thanks to Enzo for facilitating this, I don't underestimate the input required but do definitely appreciate the result produced.

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I believe they involve the building of classic Italian kits, Italeri, Esci, Supermodel etc & Classic Japanese kits, Hasegawa, Tamiya, Otaki,,,,,, and lots & lots of others. :)

Steve.

I guess classic is used as a euphemism for old?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1