1946-1964 ('Baby Boomers') GB Chat

CliffB

11 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I shall keep the thread here and make a start pronto :)

Excellent!  I'm glad that you'll still be with us :thumbsup:

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I’m hoping a Westland Wasp will be OK in this GB. According to Wikipedia ‘The Wasp HAS.1 was introduced to service in the small ships role in 1964, after an intensive period of trials by 700(W) Intensive Flying Trials Unit between June 1963 and March 1964.’.  It’s a bit tight but hopefully it just sneaks in. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 825 said:

I’m hoping a Westland Wasp will be OK in this GB. According to Wikipedia ‘The Wasp HAS.1 was introduced to service in the small ships role in 1964, after an intensive period of trials by 700(W) Intensive Flying Trials Unit between June 1963 and March 1964.’.  It’s a bit tight but hopefully it just sneaks in. 

Yes, that would be fine (and nice to see).

In fact, qualification is based on when the first example was built (rather than when it entered service), so the Wasp HAS.1 is clear qualifier.

Cheers 

3 hours ago, CliffB said:

Yes, that would be fine (and nice to see).

In fact, qualification is based on when the first example was built (rather than when it entered service), so the Wasp HAS.1 is clear qualifier.

Cheers 

Thanks Cliff. I’ll dig out the materials needed for this build. 

• Like 2

Hi folks.

I'm going to join in with a MiG-17 (well a frankenPZL Lim-5) if that's Ok?

I don't know of any significant airframe differences between the MiG and Lim. I've just been bursting to build this kit, and also have an early Soviet jet in my collection. So if there is any I'm just turning a blind eye to them 😁

Gavin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nerazzurri said:

Hi folks.

I don't know of any significant airframe differences between the MiG and Lim. I've just been bursting to build this kit, and also have an early Soviet jet in my collection. So if there is any I'm just turning a blind eye to them 😁

Gavin.

I honestly don't think there are any differences ? I’m pretty sure it was just a direct clone produced in Poland ? I doubt very much the Soviets would allow for too much free thinking and modification. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nerazzurri said:

That sounds good to me Gavin :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I honestly don't think there are any differences ? I’m pretty sure it was just a direct clone produced in Poland ? I doubt very much the Soviets would allow for too much free thinking and modification. 

Well, that's good enough for me 😎👌

40 minutes ago, CliffB said:

That sounds good to me Gavin :thumbsup:

Thank you 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Can I join with a CIM-10A Bomarc missile? I just got the 1/72 Sova-M kit, and it looks like a pretty decent and quick build. It (finally) entered service in 1959, so it should fit within the theme of this Group Build, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Pete said:

Hi,

Can I join with a CIM-10A Bomarc missile? I just got the 1/72 Sova-M kit, and it looks like a pretty decent and quick build. It (finally) entered service in 1959, so it should fit within the theme of this Group Build, right?

I would say it is a date qualified article of the timeframe. It’s ultimately up to @CliffB but I don't think it would be an issue ? 

10 hours ago, Creepy Pete said:

Hi,

That sounds good to me 👍 

10 hours ago, Creepy Pete said:

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Too early for an extension? Not touched my vulcan in weeks aside from moving it off the bench after it fell over a took a built b-17 out causing quite major damage to the fort

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Hi all.

My apologies, but I've been away on holiday for a few weeks and so unable perform my full hosting duties!

I'm sure you didn't notice though, because @Corsairfoxfouruncle has undoubtedly been providing exemplary cover while I've been away.  Thanks again Dennis :thumbsup:

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CliffB said:

Hi all.

My apologies, but I've been away on holiday for a few weeks and so unable perform my full hosting duties!

I'm sure you didn't notice though, because @Corsairfoxfouruncle has undoubtedly been providing exemplary cover while I've been away.  Thanks again Dennis :thumbsup:

Cheers

No worries Cliff.. I don't mind tending the shop while my co-host is busy. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great news for those who are almost there - Enzo has kindly granted us an extension until 23rd June :thumbsup:

So there'll be absolutely no excuses now :winkgrin:

Cheers

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CliffB said:

Great news for those who are almost there - Enzo has kindly granted us an extension until 23rd June :thumbsup:

Should give me long enough, thanks. 

Chris

• Like 1

Now with a later end date I might be able to squeeze in another build I wanted to do. Happy Days!

• Like 1

Excellent! This was the one model I might actually have finished on time, but I messed up the nose band removing a missized decal last night. Wonderful I can repaint properly without a mad rush!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had an almost horrbile realisation just now, checked my vulcan decals only to find I did not have the roundels/flashed as I'd assumed, actually only had 2 wing roundels and one of them has gone awol, cue much panic only to find a full set spare from the airfix victor as I used revell ones on my build, massive relief with so little time left to track them down........nothing stopping me finishing now :) 

• Like 2

Sadly even with the one week extension I fear I may struggle to finish the Wessex given that I've still got a way to go with scratch building the blade fold gear and I'm tied up all of this weekend coming.  Any chance of an extra week?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Sadly even with the one week extension I fear I may struggle to finish the Wessex given that I've still got a way to go with scratch building the blade fold gear and I'm tied up all of this weekend coming.  Any chance of an extra week?

I'm sorry, but we've already had two weeks' extension and I don't think we can go any further.

Whilst the Gallery will close on 23rd, the threads will remain open so that we'll still be able to see you bring your Wessex home :thumbsup:.