2023 Groupbuild calendar dates

Well, it's all over bar the shouting.    And here's where we do the shouting.  :D

There was a tie for last place, which means that both proposals get a slot.  There are twelve slots in total.

Please let me know which slots you would like for your GB.  Ideally it will be first come, first served but I reserve the right to make executive decisions regarding that.  I won't make an executive decision for frivolous reasons.  They will take into account issues such as:

• GB host has numerous GBs running concurrently.  I will attempt to space those out.  That might be difficult for one person...  ;) 
  • Similar GBs run concurrently.  One example is Salty Sea Dog and Here Comes The Fleet.   They need to be well spread out.
  • There is a significant anniversary involved.

The available dates are:

Sat, 7 Jan 23         to       Sun, 30 Apr 23

Sat, 4 Feb 23        to       Sun, 28 May 23

Sat, 25 Feb 23      to       Sun, 18 Jun 23

Sat, 18 Mar 23      to       Sun, 9 Jul 23

Sat, 8 Apr 23        to       Sun, 30 Jul 23

Sat, 29 Apr 23      to       Sun, 20 Aug 23

Sat, 20 May         to       23Sun, 10 Sep 23

Sat, 10 Jun          to       23Sun, 1 Oct 23

Sat, 1 Jul 23        to       Sun, 22 Oct 23

Sat, 22 Jul 23      to       Sun, 12 Nov 23

Sat, 12 Aug 23    to       Sun, 3 Dec 23

Sat, 26 Aug 23    to       Sun, 17 Dec 23

Please be aware that the first slot opens up in seven weeks time.

Can you also please advise me whether you have co-hosts for your GB.  Ta.

@Dansk  @modelling minion  @Scargsy  @TEMPESTMK5  @Wez  @LorenSharp  @Marklo  @AdrianMF  @Robert Stuart  @JeroenS  @Pin  @bianfuxia  @trickyrich  @TonyOD  @Col.  @Bertie McBoatface 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi and hooray! Glad to be here. 

I'm for Above the Karman Line, as yet without a co-host. 

I'm based in Australia.

Due to travel plans over the northern summer (first family vacay since pre-covid) I am keen to not be hosting a GB then. Other than that I am pretty flexible and will happily take:

7 Jan-30 Apr 

Or 

Any of the last three listed slots.

I could probably also handle the second listed and fourth-last listed if needed too. 

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

There was a tie for last place, which means that both proposals get a slot.  There are twelve slots in total.

Is there really a tie for last place?  At the moment the table's showing Go Large on its own in 11th place with 48 votes.

As I'm going to be out of the country for significant periods of time, I'd like to avoid slots that cover those dates.

For me, the 1st, 2nd and 8th slots suit me best, at a pinch I could manage the 3rd slot but would be leaning on my co-host a lot at the tail end of that slot.

At the moment I don't have a co-host but will be applying some pressure asking for a volunteer, if not a volunteer then a pressed individual will do.

23 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Enzo

So far I don't have a co ost but I will ask if someone is interested ...

I would like to take the 2nd or the 3rd slot

Thank you for all your work

Best Regards

Patrice

Patrice,

If I read the results correctly, your qualifying GB is the Dassault/Bloch GB in which case, count me in as your co-host.

• Like 1

Morning all!

As I’m away weekends on DofE duties a fair bit between April and September, an early or late slot for the Salty Sea Dog would be preferable. Co-host is @Col., do you have a preference?

thanks 

edit: I’ve just noticed that because of the length of the GBs almost all of the slots involve the sunny time of the year, so scratch the above, give me anything, I’ll make it work. I’m sure @Col. and I can keep the ship afloat between us.

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

The Entropy co host is

@JeroenS.

I have no particular preference for a start date. How about you Jeroen?

No preferences, save for no overlap with TLC which I'm also co-hosting.

32 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Thats absolutely fine with me as long as it isn't at the exact time of the Leopard STGB.

There may be 15 days overlap at the end of the Leopard STGB.  Hope that's not too much of a problem.

Ignore that.  I'm talking rubbish.

• Like 1

Okay, here is a provisional suggestion.

I've tried to avoid overlap of similar themes and hosts.   The big problem is presented by @Marklo who is a very enthusiastic GB host.  He has three STGBs which thankfully don't clash (well, there is a one day overlap).  But that makes it impossible to fit in a GB without it clashing somewhere although I have attempted to minimise the overlaps.  Mark, I recommend that you find a co-host for the Airco/DH GB.  It's shouldn't be too difficult. 

7 Jan 23             Salty Sea Dog                                     @TonyOD @Col.

4 Feb 23            Marcel Bloch / Dassault                      @TEMPESTMK5

25 Feb 23          Recce                                                    @Scargsy

18 Mar 23         Transporters, Loaders and Carriers      @Robert Stuart  @Pin   @JeroenS

8 Apr 23            Not My Comfort Zone                         @AdrianMF

29 Apr 23         Airco / DH                                             @Marklo

20 May 23        Go Large Or Go Home                          @trickyrich

10 Jun 23         Southern Europe                                    @Wez

1 Jul 23            Entropy                                                  @Bertie McBoatface    JeroenS

22 Jul 23          Here Comes The Fleet                            @LorenSharp

12 Aug 23       Karman Line                                             @bianfuxia

26 Aug 23       Desert                                                      @Dansk    @modelling minion

Comments?  Problems? 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Wez said:

At the moment I don't have a co-host but will be applying some pressure asking for a volunteer, if not a volunteer then a pressed individual will do.

Happy to pitch in @Wez. I will have some dirt under my fingernails from hosting the Salty Sea Dog by then. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Col. said:

I've also offered to co-host Reconnaissance with @Scargsy and Here Comes The Fleet with @LorenSharp but have no issues with the calendar lay-out :) 

Thanks Col.   There will be a certain amount of overlap between Salty Sea Dog and Recce, but that's why we have co-hosts.  :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Col. said:

Good morning @Enzo the Magnificent, thanks for your good work as always, I've also offered to co-host Reconnaissance with @Scargsy and Here Comes The Fleet with @LorenSharp but have no issues with the calendar lay-out :) 

What a trooper!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1