Calsonic Nissan R89C JSPC

Hello All, 

I have posted in the "Ready for Inspection Aircraft" section in the past, but this is my first post in the Vehicles section. The 1/24 kit from Hasegawa represents the Calsonic Nissan R89C JSPC from the 1989 Group C cars. Although it never won at Le Mans, it is a rather nice looking car in its blue, red and white livery. 

The overall fit of the kit is pretty good. Painted with Vallejo blue and white acrylics. The final gloss coat is Aqua-Gloss. The red sections are decals. 

Mark     

IMG_3115

IMG_3112

IMG_3106

IMG_3102

IMG_3101

n

• Like 15

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Lovely build! That's a superb finish using Valejo acrylics and aquagloss - really very nice indeed! Did you polish the aquagloss at all, or is it as sprayed?

Top work! :)

Keith

I just sprayed the Aqua Gloss. A couple of light coats followed by a wet coat. I never tried to polish it as I have only used it as a gloss coat on planes for decals, followed by a flat coat. It seems a bit too soft to sand and polish. As I just started modelling cars, I am not too sure what is the best gloss coat to use that can be easily polished.                      

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Mark22 said:

I am not too sure what is the best gloss coat to use that can be easily polished.                      

I like Mr Hobby GX 112,  it's my go to clear coat, sprays nicely when thinned with Mr Color levelling thinner and wet sands and polishes nicely. A lot of car modellers use 2K automotive clearcoat, but I think it's too shiny for scale - and I'm too chicken to use it having read the health and safety data sheets for the stuff!!

But I do tend to agree with @JeroenS when he says your paintjob looks good enough not to need polishing! 

Keith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...