Wingnut Wings in 2023?

Steve Coombs

I had to read the Hannants message a couple of times, but got there in the end.

Two out of my three backordered kits are now 'being packed', the third is still in my backorder list,

I seem to recall some bloke did a song about this?

To keep the thread intrigue going, I note the following on the Hannants site:

'We know Wingnut does still have some in the warehouse but we do not know which kits or how many they have or when or if they will be released'.. 

So I'm keeping the backorder where it is.

I'm still struggling with the whole concept of keeping goods in a warehouse for such a long time, and with all the associated costs.

On 2/18/2023 at 8:45 AM, Paul Thompson said:

1500 kits in the stash. Perhaps I could build one of them............................

We must burn this heretic, with great dispatch! Only kiddin'... maybe. 

Chris. 

Hopefully, if I understood the Hannants email correctly, I have a Brisfit Late and a Hanover on their way to me. I might dip back in and get a DH.2 Lanoe Hawker if they are still available but not desperate so will see.

Duncan B

I genuinely plan to build every darned kit I've ever bought.... and then life, Amazon Prime Video, M&S Cheesy Tasters and Terminal Laziness Syndrome just get in the way...

Chris. 

Edited by spruecutter96
Correcting a typo.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Thompson said:

You know that if I go up in smoke, you still don't get the stash, right?

Paul.

I am slowly absorbing your stash, by a process of particulate osmosis. I think I might need a really good night's sleep, now. 

Chris. 

• Like 1

I put one out of two backorders into my basket and then wondered how long you could have stuff in the basket for before you paid and emailed Hannants. In the absence of a reply I phoned on Friday afternoon and actually got through. Was advised to complete the order for one and then take up the postage with the manager when he comes back from his holiday. Yesterday got an email telling me that my second backorder was on stock so maybe I should have waited before paying but I spoke to Hannants this morning - had to phone twice to get through- and they were great - paid the price including postage for the second kit and then they virtually immediately refunded by PayPal the postage so that’s great. I’m not sure if I got the second kit - Dolphin- because someone had cancelled their order or if they had finished unpacking their delivery and found Dolphins but I’m happy. On the basis that Hannants say their is still stock at the NZ warehouse I have ordered a pair of D.VIII’s on the basis that they’ll never be this cheap again and who knows, there might be a couple for me in NZ. The one thing I’ve learnt is backorder now and decide if you really want it when it’s in stock! 

Well got an email saying parcel force were delivering by 8.45. Still waiting but no Fokkers in the order so maybe postie wasn't waylaid. Nevertheless it still put a song in my heart as I stirred the porridge.

Posting this to give credit where due. Half an hour ago I had a reply to  my weepy email to Hannants concerning the non-available backordered kits saying they'd sorted it, so if I'd like to pay it should work. And it has, order confirmation for a Dolphin for my Dutch friend and the Fokker D.VII for me just came through.  Possibly there were cancellations, or perhaps they found a couple behind the fridge, whatever, normality is restored to the universe.

Paul.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Paul Thompson said:

Posting this to give credit where due. Half an hour ago I had a reply to  my weepy email to Hannants concerning the non-available backordered kits saying they'd sorted it, so if I'd like to pay it should work. And it has, order confirmation for a Dolphin for my Dutch friend and the Fokker D.VII for me just came through.  Possibly there were cancellations, or perhaps they found a couple behind the fridge, whatever, normality is restored to the universe.

Paul.

Yesh, I cancelled mine. I already have a number of them and I have not gotten myself to build even one, and my rational self conquered.

• Like 1

I'm pleased to say that my Rumpler arrived today, but my Roland is still showing as backorder, stock 0.

I appear, on the Roland front, to be the victim of Hannants not getting the numbered ordered, so I am waiting for a cancellation or more stock turning up😢

I have opened the box, and honestly; what a treat!

• Like 1

I got a whole bunch! Some kits I bought because I might want them in future but if I change my mind I figure it's a reasonable investment. 

I actually bought the Duellists set simply to get the RE.8, which means I already have a spare Cl.II to sell to somebody. It seemed to me I wasn't going to get an RE.8 any cheaper anywhere else as the main kit has been out of production for so many years.

• Like 1

I got 3 kits on the way from Hannants! All ordered Friday - one from Back order and 2 from their stock.

Roland Late

Ninak Post War

Hannover

Very excited to get them!

Unfortunately I lost 3 other kits that became available over the weekend.

I have been waiting to pull the trigger since Hannants tell you to wait and see if more become available as people cancel their orders. Just leave the kits in your back order.

Decided im not waiting anymore and went to order, but suddenly my Fokker DVII has gone?!? Maybe a glitch in their system – a saw it a few times when the orders went live.

I called them on the phone and they pretty much said another guy had bought it before me (with his back order). However, the 2 other kits were still available.

After the call I went to my PC and wanted to order the 2 other kits… They were in my cart. It said to remove the kits from bac order so it could proceed with payment. I did so and clicked back to my cart to pay... 

Error – no more items in stock… And items were gone from back order.

Seems like the kits were eaten by the back order monster... Or I did something wrong? Bit sad about it, but nothing to do but hope the rest of their stock will come at some point.

So yeah maybe they shuffled some kits around between back orders / people.

Is it time to suggest that among members of BM, we kind of set up a sort of swap system for these kits?

Some people have said they've got kits others want, some would be happy to sell on to others some of their kits, and most of us are gnashing our teeth because we've fallen victim to too many ordering specific kits and Hannants not getting enough.

I'm not advocating people selling kits among us and profiting, more saying " A has got a whiffle he would be happy to sell/swap, B has got a whaffle he'd like to swap for a whiffle", and so on.

Is this a thing people might like to consider? 

• Like 1