Wingnut Wings in 2023?

Steve Coombs

4 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Is it at all possible these were newly manufactured?  Maybe they had sprues in a big box but no instructions or packaging?  I am just a bit skeptical these were all sitting in a warehouse all this time.  I do think they will go back into production at some point, they are to valuable not to.  

Nope, they were in a warehouse in case WnW's started trading again, they aren't, hence the final sale of stock.

On 1/7/2023 at 3:33 PM, Steve Coombs said:

I got a 'packed' message yesterday for the Pup I ordered about half an hour after the DH2, when things had calmed down a little. I'm now waiting for the notification from DHL that it's underway so I can have it diverted to the post office for collection. I'm back to the office on Monday, so won't be at home to receive it.

I've now got both the Pup and DH2 safely in the stash. I shall wait for a bonus or two to kick in at the end of the month and see if the Albatros B.II is still up for grabs.

On 1/7/2023 at 8:09 PM, Kagemusha said:

Nope, they were in a warehouse in case WnW's started trading again, they aren't, hence the final sale of stock.

So, there's hope for me to get hold on one (or two…) of those brown-packaged Pfalz D.IIIa…

So, Hannants have put many kits back on the online list, which they had pulled because people had backordered all stock. It's now possible to backorder the DH2 and Dolphin again for instance.

Many of the kits no longer have the 10% discount.

I guess the moment is approaching when these will dispatch from big H!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mahavelona said:

So, Hannants have put many kits back on the online list, which they had pulled because people had backordered all stock. It's now possible to backorder the DH2 and Dolphin again for instance.

Many of the kits no longer have the 10% discount.

I guess the moment is approaching when these will dispatch from big H!

Just had a look at Hannants site and can't see the DH2 or Dolphin, have they gone in the last three hours???

On 13/01/2023 at 11:14, 593jones said:

Just had a look at Hannants site and can't see the DH2 or Dolphin, have they gone in the last three hours???

I believe so! I successfully backordered a DH2 but now there are fewer kits available. Keep an eye they are putting kits back online when orders get cancelled.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 3:33 PM, Steve Coombs said:

I got a 'packed' message yesterday for the Pup I ordered about half an hour after the DH2, when things had calmed down a little. I'm now waiting for the notification from DHL that it's underway so I can have it diverted to the post office for collection. I'm back to the office on Monday, so won't be at home to receive it.

Mine only arrived yesterday.....by way of dutch mail....with a DHL tracking no....😳

While the other is getting sent to a pickup place by DHL😡

Picked the other up, Fokker E.I missing...

Double-checked PP....turns out I was credited for that too...😒

32 minutes ago, Paul Thompson said:

Front page at Hannants, the bit that has the news on - latest is,  expected early February.

Paul.

Thanks, they've either just added that today, or I need to learn to read!

Website says :

We are listing a selection of Wingnut Wings we have on the way to us. We recommend you Backorder them which will reserve any that you may want. These are all new kits bought direct from Wingnut Wings in New Zealand. We will only have the kits that we list and they will be removed as Backorders approach the quantity coming. Wingnut Wings has not re-opened. This is stock that was in their warehouse at the time they stopped trading. After numerous hold-ups they are currently expected to arrive in early February. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, tangerine_sedge said:

Bump - arrived at Hannants.  There seem to be a number of kits which are free at the moment i.e. not reserved on peoples back-orders.  So, one last chance to bag one!

Yeah. And the ones I backordered months ago are no longer available. Not happy about that.

Paul.

• Sad 1

Seems a bit confused.

I had two on back order and was notified that one was in stock which I promptly put into my basket and bought.

When looking at the listings I noticed that the other one I had back ordered was in stock, however there were other types that I would have preferred so I ordered one of them and binned the other pre-order.

19 hours ago, Paul Thompson said:

Well, I moved mine from backorder to basket, deleted the backorders, went to the basket, then got the out of stock notice. So that's me done.

Paul.

Ah my heart goes out. The backorder system was quite confusing. Unfortunately I think deleting that backorder was the end for your access to the kits.

Hannants have had the kits for a day now and certain kits are still available such as the DH.9. It is curious that there is a core of kits which never sold out backorders.

5 minutes ago, mahavelona said:

Ah my heart goes out. The backorder system was quite confusing. Unfortunately I think deleting that backorder was the end for your access to the kits.

Hannants have had the kits for a day now and certain kits are still available such as the DH.9. It is curious that there is a core of kits which never sold out backorders.

Yes. Normally I'd have waited until I was sure it had gone through and that's how I've done it before, but this time didn't. That seemed to be the gist of the notification email they sent out which I interpreted as saying that you could only put it in the basket if it was available, but I suppose not.  Emailed them but no reply yet. I imagine they're busy. Meantime, back on backorder and hoping someone cancels.  I won't cry about it, I'm always going on about how I prefer smaller scales and poorer kits because  I perversley enjoy the effort invloved but this time just fancied a Fokker D.VII, where the only alternative is the OOP and fairly crude (even by my standards) Battleaxe kit, plus a friend piggybacked an order for a Sopwith Dolphin.

1500 kits in the stash. Perhaps I could build one of them............................

Paul.

• Haha 2

Well got the email from Hannants and it took me by surprise anyway logged on and bought what was in my backorder though I noted that Hannants did say they had received less kits than they expected so I suppose it was a case of first come first served, Ie first ordered.

:penguin: Happy