Wingnut Wings in 2023?

Steve Coombs

6 hours ago, KITCAT said:

Are Sprue Bros near the east cost, if so maybe Hannants delivery is due soon.

Midwest, they're in Saint Louis, a few hundred miles south of Chicago. 

Wow, some of the kit options at Sprue Bros. are disappearing quickly! I snagged an AMC DH.2 'Lanoe Hawker' within a few hours of them going online with stock….I looked this morning and and the DH.2’s are all gone along with 8 out of the 41 kits offered. Greed and FOMO anxiety got the best of me and I just ordered another 3 this morning, the Early Fokker D.VII, a post-war Bristol F.2b and the “USAS” Sopwith F.1 Camel. I’ve built six WNW kits so far in my stash of about 20 and hope to make a serious dent in my collection before I’m no longer able to build. Whatever’s left unbuilt will go to my much younger scale modeling best friend according to my latest will! If you have inkling to acquire a WNW kit at a reasonable price, this is your chance and the window is closing quickly! Good luck!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

Midwest, they're in Saint Louis, a few hundred miles south of Chicago. 

Uuuhhhhh, nowhere near St. Louis.  Ten miles northeast of Kansas City.  

• 4 weeks later...

I was having issues trying to add to my backorder with Hannants: They were showing some still available for backorder, but couldn't be added.

they responded quickly to my email, added the kit to my order, and advised 2-3 weeks for them to arrive.

• Like 1

Just scored a DH2 from MBK for a shade over €100. Result!
The electrons to and from the website are flowing like yoghurt at the moment, so I might take another look later when things are less hectic.

Much less manic now, and a surprising number of kits still on offer. So I got a Sopwith Pup for good measure. I'll call it a birthday present; it could even arrive on the actual day if DHL pulls its finger out.

Interesting how models that seemed to come up for sale on eBay very rarely and for silly money such as the Jeannin Stahltaube or Albatross BII haven’t actually sold out in the first wave of buying.  It would appear that for the collectors demand actually won’t be that strong.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 6:53 PM, Steve Coombs said:

Just scored a DH2 from MBK for a shade over €100. Result!

And it's just arrived. Not bad going - ordered after normal working hours on Thursday and with me already. Just the thing for my 60th birthday today!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Coombs said:

And it's just arrived. Not bad going - ordered after normal working hours on Thursday and with me already. Just the thing for my 60th birthday today!

What!

I'm in NL, only got the 'packed' msg yesterday!

On 11/23/2022 at 2:14 PM, chrisov said:

Dont bank on it, amazing just how much there is to do when retired .🤣

Absolutely.  Beware partners with their apparently endless lists of “little jobs”.  You’ll pine for those carefree days at work.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bozothenutter said:

What!

I'm in NL, only got the 'packed' msg yesterday!

I got a 'packed' message yesterday for the Pup I ordered about half an hour after the DH2, when things had calmed down a little. I'm now waiting for the notification from DHL that it's underway so I can have it diverted to the post office for collection. I'm back to the office on Monday, so won't be at home to receive it.

• Like 1

Is it at all possible these were newly manufactured?  Maybe they had sprues in a big box but no instructions or packaging?  I am just a bit skeptical these were all sitting in a warehouse all this time.  I do think they will go back into production at some point, they are to valuable not to.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Harold55 said:

Is it at all possible these were newly manufactured?  Maybe they had sprues in a big box but no instructions or packaging?  I am just a bit skeptical these were all sitting in a warehouse all this time.  I do think they will go back into production at some point, they are to valuable not to.  

Yeah, probably just a question of who buys/leases the IP.

Meng might be a good bet.