Wingnut Wings in 2023?

Steve Coombs

I've just seen on the website of my plastic pusher of choice (MBK, if you're familiar with it) that it will be selling Wingnut Wings stuff in the new year. No details yet.

It can't be shifting remaining stock, because they don't have any. As I see it, there are three possibilities:

1. Someone discovered some unsold stock sitting in a warehouse somewhere
  2. Someone has taken possession of existing moulds and is in a position to use them
  3. WNW is coming back

Seeing as several of the old WNW team are now part of Kōtare, I doubt option 3 is realistic, though I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
This is in the Rumourmonger section; let the rumours fly!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Sprue Bros have announced similar, wonder if Hannants will be getting any?

It wouldn't come as a huge surprise.... Having said that, the Sprue Brothers announcement seemed to imply that they had purchased nearly all the remaining WNW stock. 

Cheers. 

Chris. 

It was suggested on another forum that there was some delay due to negotiations on price/terms. Don’t know how much store you can place in that but may explain why it has taken until now for the left over stock to become available. That or maybe legal issues to negotiate? Good news that there will again be WNW kits. Perhaps second hand prices will relax a bit, but then again I bet a few speculators jump on these kits for later resale. 

3 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

Several shops have acquired leftover stock from what I presume was the executors recouping $$$$

It was stock from the NZ warehouse. Sprue Brothers and Andy’s HHQ in the US have both received a portion of this product.

However, there is no liquidator or executor because WnW never declared bankruptcy. They were a private company wholly owned by Sir PJ. As long as all their accounts payable were satisfied there was no reason to go into receivership. In fact, the company is still listed as trading, although it’s obviously inactive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, VMA131Marine said:

It was stock from the NZ warehouse. Sprue Brothers and Andy’s HHQ in the US have both received a portion of this product.

However, there is no liquidator or executor because WnW never declared bankruptcy. They were a private company wholly owned by Sir PJ. As long as all their accounts payable were satisfied there was no reason to go into receivership. In fact, the company is still listed as trading, although it’s obviously inactive.

They saved some stock in case they sorted their problems out and were able to reopen, however this was not possible, so they decided to liquidate their remaining stock and go dormant as they are keeping their molds for the moment.

7 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Nice to see someone who can memory. Every discussion about WNW falls into the trap of rememberring them going bankrupt. Which they didn't. The boss decided he had to shut up shop. The reasons pontificated on in forums end up being more uninformed politics than anything else, but they've hung on to the moulds s far.

I've just read a post by Ray Rimell on his Windsock Facebook page which confirms it's the final old stock being released to (appointed) sellers.

Paul.

• Like 1

Pray we can get our hands on these because I am sure remaining will vanish quickly. If you do manage this then with all the charges on top of SB's price your going to have to pay over £200. 

Looking at SB's list it looks as though this is not a complete list so maybe some hope of a Eruro delivery.:please:

While probably not having the same stock volume as Hannants, at least one US online shop sold out of all the most popular titles within a minute of opening up its sale, so it might be prudent to strike fast if you want any of these.

John

In response to the header, I highly doubt WnW will be doing anything in 2023, unless there are more leftovers to help sustain its dormant state for another year. I heard some of the tooling held in China might be good for some £30 basic repops under a new label like [insert brand name, e.g. Weezaluv Biplanes]. 

It was of an era. But if Weeza or whomever repop the Albatros and Pfalz I might succumb to a brace.

Tony

My German is so rusty that I will not dare to translate. But there is an English description for this video.

The time has come - we managed to get a big piece of the last Wingnut Wings "pie"! In plain language - there is another large load on the way to us in Germany with a large number of the legendary kits of WW1 planes! Since it will take a while before the kits arrive here, here is some information from us for you to save you and us the same questions and answers. Christian tells you the most important things in the video - we will also link the list of kits that we get soon here - so keep an eye on the shop or the video here!

16 minutes ago, Phil Evans said:

And still people aren't buying the Gotha UWD floatplane

Totally understandable though. Unless you're afflicted by what-ifness, then you buy and make just the one, because that's all there ever was. And being a large and expensive kit, it has even nicheier interest value than most WW1 aircraft.

Paul.

• Like 1