The Bunfight Aftermath

Enzo the Magnificent

In six hours or so, the Bunfight will be over.   It's pure carnage around the event horizon at the moment!

After it ends there will be some changes to the forum area, which were agreed two years ago.     All the Bunfight proposals which sadly didn't make the grade this year will be moved into an archive area as they will not receive a bye into next year's Bunfight.  The chat threads will therefore still be available.

It's important to remember that those GBs can be re-proposed in the chat forum.  There is no waiting period for re-proposal.  However, it might be worth considering why that proposal didn't make the grade this year and maybe redefining it slightly.

The GB chat forum will also have a bit of a clear out.   Any proposal which was specifically stated for 2024 will remain as will any other proposal which didn't reach the Bunfight this year.  Any proposal which has been hanging around since 2021 or earlier will get moved to the archive.   Again, they can be re-proposed immediately if you want to.

The clean up is going to mean quite a bit of work so don't expect it to be completed in the short term.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 12

17 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Maybe not quite as much work as I thought...  

Suddenly I became worried for some of my hosted Group Builds I thought were Future GB:s but I might find among the binned ones after all 😇

Thanks for all your hard work Enzo. Good luck with all the housecleaning. Just a quick thing, we seem to have 12 GB threads moved into future rather than 10? The additions would I guess be 'go large' and 'Marcel Bloch'?

Andy

15 minutes ago, Ngantek said:

Just a quick thing, we seem to have 12 GB threads moved into future rather than 10? The additions would I guess be 'go large' and 'Marcel Bloch'?

There were 11 available slots but there was a tie for last place.  I can't bring myself to disappoint one of the tied GB hosts after all their hard work, so they both get a slot.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

There were 11 available slots but there was a tie for last place.  I can't bring myself to disappoint one of the tied GB hosts after all their hard work, so they both get a slot.

arrr Enzo....... have you got your glasses on??? the last figures I have for the poll was Go large or Go Home 48, Marcel Bloch/Dassault 46. Do you know something I don't?? :blink:

10 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

arrr Enzo....... have you got your glasses on??? the last figures I have for the poll was Go large or Go Home 48, Marcel Bloch/Dassault 46. Do you know something I don't?? :blink:

Something odd happened.  I took those figures within a minute of the poll closing and double checked them.   By the time I looked again this morning, GLOGH had gained another two votes, effectively pushing Dassault out of the running.   I wonder if there was a latency issue with the forum not showing a couple of last minute votes. 

But it doesn't really matter.  We have the slots for it, so Dassault is in. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Something odd happened.  I took those figures within a minute of the poll closing and double checked them.   By the time I looked again this morning, GLOGH had gained another two votes, effectively pushing Dassault out of the running.   I wonder if there was a latency issue with the forum not showing a couple of last minute votes. 

But it doesn't really matter.  We have the slots for it, so Dassault is in. 

yeah, I think there may have been.....not really sure the poll can hand us lot!!!  :D  I mean look what it has done to you!  :bleh:

Gosh this time of the year is way better than Xmas!

• 11 months later...
On 14/11/2022 at 19:39, Enzo the Magnificent said:

In six hours or so, the Bunfight will be over.   It's pure carnage around the event horizon at the moment!

After it ends there will be some changes to the forum area, which were agreed two years ago.     All the Bunfight proposals which sadly didn't make the grade this year will be moved into an archive area as they will not receive a bye into next year's Bunfight.  The chat threads will therefore still be available.

It's important to remember that those GBs can be re-proposed in the chat forum.  There is no waiting period for re-proposal.  However, it might be worth considering why that proposal didn't make the grade this year and maybe redefining it slightly.

The GB chat forum will also have a bit of a clear out.   Any proposal which was specifically stated for 2024 will remain as will any other proposal which didn't reach the Bunfight this year.  Any proposal which has been hanging around since 2021 or earlier will get moved to the archive.   Again, they can be re-proposed immediately if you want to.

The clean up is going to mean quite a bit of work so don't expect it to be completed in the short term.

Enzo, re: the discussion in the current Bunfight thread, has this that I have bolded above changed from last year? V-P

57 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Enzo, re: the discussion in the current Bunfight thread, has this that I have bolded above changed from last year? V-P

Good call.   Things haven't changed.   I should have checked the rules properly.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, gingerbob said:

And just in case I never expressed it before, I think that "The Bunfight Aftermath" must be a really cool band.

I heard them once perform on a festival with Midnight Addiction and Hired Gun.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, gingerbob said:

And just in case I never expressed it before, I think that "The Bunfight Aftermath" must be a really cool band.

But not as cool as some real band names.

Toad The Wet Sprocket      Taken from a Monty Python sketch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK7bwIVrQFs

Ned's Atomic Dustbin     The title of an episode of The  Goon Show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaTcIzLk880

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly       Taken from a Calvin and Hobbes comic strip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEHok4S2mos

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzcWTjY3b8Q

We Were Promised Jetpacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS8pRGSnoO0

• Like 1