Air Graphics 1/72 RAF P-8 Poseidon kit.

TBC

I will probably  be accused as being unfair but the owner of airgraphics has "history" which perhaps some people have forgotten  from ten years ago. I've looked at the website snd while the items look great on there the comments  I'm reading on here do make me wonder. Does a leopard change his spots ?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cherisy said:

Does a leopard change his spots ?

I am aware of the company owner's history. Which makes me somewhat reluctant to trade with them.

Seems to me that the history repeats itself...

• Like 3

I ordered the air graphics, Poseidon kit. At the moment AG are the only company making any update parts.

This kit allows you to make a 1/72 scale, RAF P-8A Poseidon MRA1 Now.

maybe Airfix I will produce the Poseidon 3 to 5 years. But for some of us it may be too late.

Vingtor Really!!! Trying to shame another trader, who from what I can understand has done nothing to you personally is a low blow. Think you should be ashamed of yourself if you don’t want to buy from them that’s up to you, but I don’t think you need to reach down into the levels and start slagging off another trader in public.

Remember the choice is always yours you don’t have to purchase kit 

Air-Grafics is the only company offering the biggest range of 1/72 scale, modern British kits and conversions.

20 hours ago, cherisy said:

I will probably  be accused as being unfair but the owner of airgraphics has "history" which perhaps some people have forgotten  from ten years ago. I've looked at the website snd while the items look great on there the comments  I'm reading on here do make me wonder. Does a leopard change his spots ?

19 hours ago, Vingtor said:

I am aware of the company owner's history. Which makes me somewhat reluctant to trade with them.

Seems to me that the history repeats itself...

13 minutes ago, magman2 said:

I ordered the air graphics, Poseidon kit. At the moment AG are the only company making any update parts.

This kit allows you to make a 1/72 scale, RAF P-8A Poseidon MRA1 Now.

maybe Airfix I will produce the Poseidon 3 to 5 years. But for some of us it may be too late.

Vingtor Really!!! Trying to shame another trader, who from what I can understand has done nothing to you personally is a low blow. Think you should be ashamed of yourself if you don’t want to buy from them that’s up to you, but I don’t think you need to reach down into the levels and start slagging off another trader in public.

Remember the choice is always yours you don’t have to purchase kit 

Air-Grafics is the only company offering the biggest range of 1/72 scale, modern British kits and conversions.

OK gents, we need to knock this in the head.  No matter what any of us may think of the man, the company, and his history with Model Alliance and subsequent fall-out from the wind-up, any comments that are made here must be factual, or it could be construed as libellous if the contrary can be proved.  Please keep the discussion to the topic in hand, and avoid straying into territory that could end up with you having a substantial legal bill to pay.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was curious a few weeks back now when I heard about this kit about what extra ' lumps and bumps' were included that were specific to the RAF version?

Mainly because, as far as I am aware we purchased the standard US variant off the production line, so in effect you're paying all that extra just for the decal sheet......I fully understand how folks are very disappointed.....

• Like 2

I am really disgusted by some of the posts on this especially the horrible comments, some of you should be ashamed!

Everyone deserves a second chance and Air -Graphics produce a fantastic range of products including probably the best decals on the market.

I personally know the owner and know he has been in hospital and attended Telford even though only a week out of hospital to make sure you the modellers got what you wanted.

As far as the P-8 goes, the kit costs them circa £80.00 each, plus postage plus customs charge.

Decal artwork and printing by Fantasy Printshop, full colour booklet and a resin set which includes lumps and bumps not included in the kit as well as some improvement parts.

I know the base cost of all that is £135.00.

What I find upsetting is they are producing some great stuff for you the modeller. 
How many of you invest your money in producing any products. Shame on you

Edited by Tim Allen
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tim Allen said:

some of you should be ashamed!

Tim.  I'm not disagreeing entirely with your comment about people should be ashamed, although I wouldn't be quite as damning as you of them.

What I'm finding odd however is that you have made three posts since joining on the 6th August, and ALL of them have been relating to Air Graphics products.  Do you have an affinity with them that you wish to divulge for the sake of honesty?  I'd be interested to hear. :hmmm:

• Thanks 2

Having read the thread, I cannot see any personal insults or liable accusations begin made. What I do see is people voicing their unhappiness and displeasure due to their own experiences, with some producing photographic evidence that would very much support their arguments and claims. 

• Like 4

No I am not but I do now Gary from both the old MA days and now as a customer of Air Graphics.

I was sent the link to this tread by another Britmodeller member who could not believe this post.

I did send this link to Gary and I am sure he will comment if he wishes to.

35 minutes ago, Tim Allen said:

No I am not but I do now Gary from both the old MA days and now as a customer of Air Graphics.

I was sent the link to this tread by another Britmodeller member who could not believe this post.

I did send this link to Gary and I am sure he will comment if he wishes to.

Really? 

4771133.jpg

And just to make sure its not a subtle hint...

Leopard.jpg

• Haha 3

On 12/3/2022 at 4:54 PM, Mike said:

OK gents, we need to knock this in the head.  No matter what any of us may think of the man, the company, and his history with Model Alliance and subsequent fall-out from the wind-up, any comments that are made here must be factual, or it could be construed as libellous if the contrary can be proved.  Please keep the discussion to the topic in hand, and avoid straying into territory that could end up with you having a substantial legal bill to pay.

Thanks for taking the time to highlight your comments in red so I know I've been a naughty boy. My opinion  is merely a personal one so please don't think you can threaten me as this is am open forum.

2 minutes ago, cherisy said:

Thanks for taking the time to highlight your comments in red so I know I've been a naughty boy. My opinion  is merely a personal one so please don't think you can threaten me as this is am open forum.

Not quite right there matey. There is a big difference between a threat and what that was, which was advice to back off.
This may be an open forum, but you don’t pay the server bills nor deal with the fallout when legal action threats are bandied around. Therefore you either abide by the direction from the admin team which is one of the expectations to maintain a members profile or ask for us to close your account.

:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2022 at 9:16 PM, Tim Allen said:

a resin set which includes lumps and bumps not included in the kit as well as some improvement parts.

Tim

Does this mean that BPK has missed a few bits off from a standard P-8 in their version?  Only reason I ask, is that the UK's P-8s are from exactly the same build and to the same spec as USN and RAAF P-8s.  So I was surprised by your comment that the AG product includes "lumps and bumps not included in the kit", which suggest BPK missed some stuff in their version.

Incidentally, BPK website listing their RAAF P-8A at $119.00 as at today, so about £100 at the current exchange rate (not including postage and any tax that HMRC/Post Office might levy!

7 minutes ago, Roland Pulfrew said:

Does this mean that BPK has missed a few bits off from a standard P-8 in their version?

The extra resin lumps and bumps are indeed included in the kit as plastic parts. The resin parts seem to be copies of the plastic ones. Except from attachment plates for the wing pylons, for which I think the plastic parts are better.

See my photos earlier in the thread.

• Like 2

On 04/12/2022 at 09:40, Tim Allen said:

Well its funny that checking the moderator logs both of you post from the same IP address?

• Haha 1

Knowing the background info, it's been quite a hoot here in the Mod cave, but if we can get back to the discussion of this kit, it might be a bit more productive.

Note: Large red text intended to draw people's attention to a Moderator's comment.  Don't get upset or self-righteous.  It's really not necessary.  :fraidnot:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Can anyone tell me what the visual (as far as the kit goes) differences there are between the RAAF P-8 and the RAF P-8? I'm asking because one of my friends was going to buy the kit from me to build a RAF one but told me the differences were too obvious without going into details. I'd like to know in case another customer wants to do the same thing and asks this question (I hate not being able to answer this type of question). Is it specific aerial fits etc or something more substantial?

To answer the question about postage costs, the BPK kit actually comes in a surprisingly small box and posts as a small parcel so should be about £3.70 through RM to UK addresses.

Duncan B

2 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Can anyone tell me what the visual (as far as the kit goes) differences there are between the RAAF P-8 and the RAF P-8? I'm asking because one of my friends was going to buy the kit from me to build a RAF one but told me the differences were too obvious without going into details. I'd like to know in case another customer wants to do the same thing and asks this question (I hate not being able to answer this type of question). Is it specific aerial fits etc or something more substantial?

AFAIK the only external differences are the markings and the lack of wing pylons.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The only real difference between the BPK kit (USN early blocks and RAAF) and the MRA.1 (RAF and the Norwegian P-8) is the rear of the engines and the size of the cone at the rear - have a look at photos of early block USN P-8s versus RAF ones (and later USN) and you will see the differences - its very obvious once you see it as this kit is based on the early engines.. I have build this kit and this is a very easy fix that just requires cutting back the cone. Otherwise USN / RAAF / RAF /RNorAF are external identical as all the aircraft come of the same production line as FMS sales which means they are identical to the USN aircraft - the P-8I is the only one that is different as it has a different avionics fit and a MAD boom at the back. There are other omissions in the kit such as the beacon lights on the top of the fuselage, the two large beacon lights just forward of the undercarriage and several GPS antennas on the top of the fuselage behind the cockpit. The kit also has the eyebrow windows moulded into the clear canopy section, these windows have been deleted on P-8. All these are easy additions or deletions. 

Ps I work very closely with RAF P-8's hence the 'observations' above.

Sandy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 16/03/2024 at 23:36, sandy said:

The only real difference between the BPK kit (USN early blocks and RAAF) and the MRA.1 (RAF and the Norwegian P-8) is the rear of the engines and the size of the cone at the rear - have a look at photos of early block USN P-8s versus RAF ones (and later USN) and you will see the differences - its very obvious once you see it as this kit is based on the early engines.. I have build this kit and this is a very easy fix that just requires cutting back the cone. Otherwise USN / RAAF / RAF /RNorAF are external identical as all the aircraft come of the same production line as FMS sales which means they are identical to the USN aircraft - the P-8I is the only one that is different as it has a different avionics fit and a MAD boom at the back. There are other omissions in the kit such as the beacon lights on the top of the fuselage, the two large beacon lights just forward of the undercarriage and several GPS antennas on the top of the fuselage behind the cockpit. The kit also has the eyebrow windows moulded into the clear canopy section, these windows have been deleted on P-8. All these are easy additions or deletions. 

Ps I work very closely with RAF P-8's hence the 'observations' above.

Sandy

Hi,

Any photo's to illustrate the differences ?.

Thanks.

Paul