The Terminal List - Amazon Prime

Mike

I'm just watching the last episode of this new series, and thought it worth mentioning, as I've quite enjoyed it.  It's got Chris Pratt and Constance Wu (Jessica from Fresh off the Boat) in it, amongst some other folks you might recognise, and it's about a SEAL Team operator that gets his whole squad shot out from under him, and goes on the rampage trying to figure out why it, and the other horrible things happened, and why to him and his family.

I was surprised to see a name like Chris Pratt on the docket since he hit mainstream with his film work, but I've noticed that a lot of film actors have been putting their names on "TV" shows lately.  It's almost as if they're starting to recognise that perhaps cinema isn't what it was, and that streaming is going to be the big money-spinner in the coming years.  They might have a point, especially if we all go VR, and can have as big a screen as we want stuck to our faces :nerdy:  You might even be able to chuck popcorn at other virtual cinema goers if you like.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, spruecutter96 said:

When Harrison Ford agrees to be in a TV/Streaming series (Yellowstone), it's very obvious that Hollywood's movie factory just ain't doing the job anymore. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

Han is in 1923. Robin Hood is in Yellowstone. 

48 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

I stand corrected. Still, I think the point is still valid...

I forget who I’ve said it to, but I’m in agreement. So many big stars are turning up in TV shows now, something is definitely changing. I just hope they don’t try to string out projects that were originally intended to be films into 10 hours of really thin TV. I think I’ve watched one or two like that already. :poop:

On 1/11/2023 at 10:17 PM, spruecutter96 said:

When Harrison Ford agrees to be in a TV/Streaming series (Yellowstone), it's very obvious that Hollywood's movie factory just ain't doing the job anymore. 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

You know things are in serious decline when actors start giving away their Oscars to virtue signal.

"Lucifer" is a great example of American TV stretching a basic idea WAY too thin. They really should have kicked it out after three series. Still, if folks keep watching, they will keep churning them out.  

Chris.