WW2 Twins GB Chat

This also seems like a good time to remind anyone that hasn't yet to pop over and sign up for the twin of this GB, the Axis Twins

James

• Thanks 1

Thanks Craig. I'm rather excited to have got a GB proposal through to the bunfight. I know it's far from a certainty in the bloodbath of the Bunfight, but just getting there feels like an achievement :D

James

• Like 2

On 3/13/2023 at 7:05 AM, vppelt68 said:

In 1:72 scale? The MPM/Special Hobby Bostons are readily available at reasonable price and they are the best in scale. Are you using the Xtradecal set 72-091? V-P

No in 48th but am currently watching a certain site - I've got the Xtradecal 23 Sqn sheet.

Mike

• Like 1

• 81-er changed the title to Allied Twins 1935-1945
  • 1 month later...

Can I come out and play with y'all on this one?

I have a few twins in the stash.

spacer.png

Can you tell I have a thing for P-38s?

spacer.png

Some bombers too.

spacer.png

Early war French machines as well, I'm not sure of the F-82, may be too late in the war.

spacer.png

Possibly the same for the F7F, but the good ole MPC B-26 should be good to go. 

• Like 6

Looks like I overlooked a couple.

spacer.png

It didn't occur to me to count the Er-2 as an allied twin. I guess being a cold warrior from the '70s made me pigeon hole the Soviets as a "baddie." And, after nearly going cross-eyed rigging a 1/72 Sopwith Camel about 30 years ago I swore I'd never build another biplane, but I wound up with an inherited Heller Dragon Rapide, so I snagged a PE rigging set to make it a bit less painful...

spacer.png

I built the Amodel Er-2 once before, I need an excuse to take another crack at it...

Dave 

• Like 2

Got a few Axis twins to throw in the pot.

spacer.png

The Revell He 219 and JU 88 are a bit ancient, but would be nostalgic, the two HE 111s are significantly newer, and they have torpedoes too.

spacer.png

The Fine Molds ME 410 is a given, but, although the DML Arrow has more than one engine, and less than 3, it's a bit of a speculative version, so it might not pass muster. I thought I'd toss it in anyway.

spacer.png

I got this old thing too.

spacer.png

And Horten hears a who times two. The ZM kit is the better of the bunch, but I'm told there are no unbuildable kits.

spacer.png

I may wind up turning Japanese though...

Dave

• Like 3

• vppelt68 changed the title to The Axis&Co. Twins - missing ONE!

Having had my arm twisted by @JOCKNEY, albeit gently, It will be my pleasure to join you all with this GB. Weakness is my strong suit!

Not sure what I have got off head, 

I think I have a FROG Me 410, and ..... nothing else if  my memory serves me right.

So a Me 410 it will be.

JR

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Actually, I have as well an Airfix Do 17E which is still well below the 25% completion, despite having been started in the Do 17 GB....

This may actually be a better choice.

JR

• Like 2

• vppelt68 changed the title to The Axis&Co. Twins
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 6:08 PM, FortyEighter said:

I'm interested in this GB but need to find a Boston / Havoc kit (at a realistic auction price) first to complete my WWII 23Sqn builds.

Mike

Got a Havoc last night for a good price, so count me in representing 23 Sqn

• Like 1

I have a Tamiya Mosquito reserved for this, but I'll watch the Airfix B-25 C/D rebox with interest. An USAAF Mediterranean/North African OD over NG Mitchell would surely be welcome.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm up for this - I've currently got (all Airfix 1/72) a Mossie B.XVI, Beaufort and Beaufighter TF.X all in the stash and at least one should survive until next year!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi James,

I'd like to register an interest if I may.   I haven't done a group build before, and I usually stick to single engines due to space restrictions, but I have an old Airfix Mossie in the stash that keeps buzzing at me .......... so maybe this is a good excuse!

cheers

Rob

• Like 3

You'd be more than welcome to join in if we can get this through the massacre that is the Bunfight*, Rob :) GB's are a lot of fun, but can be rather addictive

James

*The battle that is the Bunfight is half the fun