WW2 Twins GB Chat

I've stuck a post asking those signed up for the Allied Twins to sign up for this as well, hopefully it'll get us a bit closer to the double-act making it through

James

• Thanks 1

On 27/01/2023 at 02:10, 81-er said:

Indeed, we really want both GBs to make it over the line :)

I’ll do my bit for that - sign me up VP! 

Not sure what I’d build, I have nothing in the stash for this, but that will just give me an excuse to go shopping! Maybe a Ki-46 Dinah?

Gerard

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• vppelt68 changed the title to The Axis&Co. Twins (@25)
3 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

I’ll do my bit for that - sign me up VP! 

Not sure what I’d build, I have nothing in the stash for this, but that will just give me an excuse to go shopping! Maybe a Ki-46 Dinah?

Gerard

As Enzo would say, why stop at one? ;)

James

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • vppelt68 changed the title to The Axis&Co. Twins (@26)
20 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Really surprised that this hasn't made the cut yet.

Come on guys and girls there are loads of great subjects in most scales.

B-25, B-26, Mosquito, Blenheim, Anson, P-38 and A-20 Boston/Havoc to name only a few.

🇺🇦

Yep. These two Twins GB:s - kinda like a pair of twins themselves - have a lot of potential to replace a billion of various STGB:s, so these clear room for other proposals in the calendar too 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Yep. These two Twins GB:s - kinda like a pair of twins themselves - have a lot of potential to replace a billion of various STGB:s, so these clear room for other proposals in the calendar too 🙂

Absolutely mate, both of the "twins" GB's are an excellent opportunity to build interesting models and make room for more in the stash, says the man who has just bought a Dragon 1/48 Bf 110D😁.

🇺🇦

• Haha 1

• vppelt68 changed the title to The Axis&Co. Twins (@27)
  • 81-er changed the title to Allied Twins 1935-1945 - Now at 28!! Two more for the Bunfight...
  • vppelt68 changed the title to The Axis&Co. Twins

I'm not sure how I didn't sign up for this, and as @TimJ seems to be number 29, I reckon I must be number 30, right?  Go on then, James, put me down for it.

Not sure what I'd build, but I have a few kits that might fit the bill, like Blenheims, a Catalina, some Meteors...  I can surely find something.

• Like 1

I’ve been shying away from group builds in the main, having seriously overdosed for a couple of years.

However, this GB proposal has struck a chord. Looking at my 1940 stash, I see 17 boxes of British and French twins that fit the criteria. At least two of the kits are outside my comfort zone, too, one being a vac form and the other a serious resin conversion of a standard kit.

So, add my name to the list, and let’s see if we can get this show into the running for 2024!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, FortyEighter said:

I'm interested in this GB but need to find a Boston / Havoc kit (at a realistic auction price) first to complete my WWII 23Sqn builds.

Mike

In 1:72 scale? The MPM/Special Hobby Bostons are readily available at reasonable price and they are the best in scale. Are you using the Xtradecal set 72-091? V-P