BAe Hawk.Red Arrow's 50th anniversary scheme.xxxxxFinishedxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 14/11/2022 at 11:59, Col. said:

Another colourful addition to the GB Steve B) 

Thank's Col,I have to add this must be nearing double figure's for attempting a Red Arrows machine and not ever completed one to a decent standard!

Evening folk's,well it's been one of those day's with rain lashing on the roof and  skylight the missus watching Christmas film's only needing lunch and a couple of coffee's which

meant double the usual modelling time.I cracked on with the Hawk and before long I was way boyond planned progress.To be fair this has always been a vice free kit that does 

fly together,after painting the interior the supplied decal's were applied and tape belts added going well.

20221117_190108

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Col. said:

Good progress Steve :thumbsup:

many thank's Col,I'd forgotten about the Revell Hawk so I've jumped the cue with this one lets hope I get the finish right this time!

Hi folk's,last weeks progress report.All primed and as a first for me after all these years the canopy is fitted before the red applied.

20221122_101732

Four coats of thinned red(just a little touch of yellow) left a lovely smooth finish to build a couple of gloss coats over with the hairy stick once decalled the third coat should really

look the biz.

20221124_161400

• Like 6

That is looking the goods Steve :thumbsup:

I have a bunch of these lurking in the stash part started which one day may see the light of day again.

I noticed the canopy rail was not painted first time around, do you have a special method to do this at a later date?

• Like 1

• stevej60 changed the title to BAe Hawk.Red Arrow's 50th anniversary scheme.xxxxxFinishedxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 01/12/2022 at 06:07, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

I noticed the canopy rail was not painted first time around, do you have a special method to do this at a later date?

Just masked and painted Ray Airfix never marked or molded it into the glazing.

• Like 1