Airfix surprise at SMW 2022 ?

Homebee

Source: https://fb.watch/gMATgkn7Rf/

Scale Model World, day one - what a day it was!

If you’re visiting today (Sunday 13/11), come and see us, we have a special surprise on the stand…

I would be curious to know more about this surprise...

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

I wondered if their recent trip to Elvington and this article was a hint;

https://uk.airfix.com/community/blog-and-news/aerodrome/handley-page-halifax-under-stars

That's exactly what I was referring to.

I await now informations/confirmation from a Airfix official communication channel or from those being currently at Telford.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RHWinter said:

If this is a wish-list: 1/48 Hampden for me. And a Blenheim Mk. IV. Thank you Mr. Airfix.

I’d quite like a 1/72 Hampden to complete my Bomber Command cabinet.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

So is this the surprise? I’m quite happy to have a FR.9 option in 1/72 scale. Airfix themselves did mention that there would not be a Telford “Big Bang’ announcement, so actually seeing anything new/newish is always positive news in my books. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 5

The FR.9 parts, I was told, will only ever be released in the Airfix Club exclusive kit.

They also said that since a lot of the recent kits haven't been displayed at a show yet, they wanted to give those a chance to be shown off rather than overshadow them with a new release

Edit: I have been corrected, from the source. It is only an exclusive next year, a regular FR9 box is possible in future years

Edited by Adam Poultney

2 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

The FR.9 parts, I was told, will only ever be released in the Airfix Club exclusive kit

That’s a shame as Airfix’s International postage calculator seems to charge up to four times the basic kit price for any postage beyond the UK. I’m sure if they could offer postage prices somewhere closer to realism, they would increase their International membership threefold. Alas, if that’s the case, it won’t be a kit for me. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2