Revell A330

richellis

19 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if the A330 really will have RR Trent engines. Unless I'm mistaken these have never featured in any previous release of the kit.

Revell never released the A330 kit with RR engines,so fingers crossed that they will include a new sprue with those engines🙏

Being Revell,I somehow doubt it though....

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Chief Cohiba said:

Hmmm, let's see. The new 321neo moulds are pretty promising, so I wouldn't totally rule this out!

We can always hope but the A321 Neo is a completely new kit not a re-issue of an old one and Revell have a bit of form for pretending that a re-issued kit is something it quite clearly isn't (think Boeing 707). The engines in the original A330 weren't great and it would be nice to have a decent set of Trents but whatever is in the box it will still be good to have the A330 back.

Now Mr Revell, what about the A319 ...........?

• Like 2

On 11/13/2022 at 7:55 PM, Skodadriver said:

We can always hope but the A321 Neo is a completely new kit not a re-issue of an old one

That's where my hope goes; some new sprues for the engines, as on the 321neo these are quite nice. But let's wait and see...

Whether it's a new tool or a reissue, very excited for this one. Can't tell you how long I've been waiting for Revell to revisit theirs or for one of the other airliner kit manufacturers to pick up the slack to fill the A330-sized hole in the market ever since the Thai Airways boxing became a rarity. 

Actually, the A330-300 kit was 1st released with the old Airbus test livery and CF6-80E1 engines. Later, they came up with the LTU release including a new-tool PW4168 sprue.

I am certain they will play nice and give us a new-tool Trent 700 sprue with this new Lufthansa release.

They suck at tooling see-through fan blades (the ones in their nice 747-8 kits are dreadful, everything from flashes to short shot you name it) but what they did on their new A320neo/A321neo is very nice, blades have deep enough separations to give that Zvezda feeling. I am sure they can pump out something that nice on the bigger Trent 700 fans.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Impossible to know. I am hoping they give us a new tool Trent 700 sprue even if I am sure the Druz144 engines will be nicer.

Will they include both engine options, or even 3 options, in the same box? Difficult to guess, Revell is a bit hit or miss in that view. They have often included the wrong engine type or 2 engine types when only 1 corresponded to the livery.

But still very happy they re-release that kit, it is generally accurate, save for the too fat cockpit section.

Cheers,

Stefan

5 hours ago, Silver Seraph said:

Impossible to know. I am hoping they give us a new tool Trent 700 sprue even if I am sure the Druz144 engines will be nicer.

I don't mean to drift the thread but if anyone knows how to get Druz engines in the UK under the current circumstances I'll be interested learn. 

13 hours ago, Silver Seraph said:

Will they include both engine options, or even 3 options, in the same box? Difficult to guess, Revell is a bit hit or miss in that view. They have often included the wrong engine type or 2 engine types when only 1 corresponded to the livery.

But still very happy they re-release that kit, it is generally accurate, save for the too fat cockpit section.

Cheers,

Stefan

hopefully the CF6 or PW400s stay, as I would be really interested in doing a qantas version. Apparently the winglets arent great on the a330 it would be interesting to see if an a330-900 comes out 

1 hour ago, NoAddedSalt said:

hopefully the CF6 or PW400s stay, as I would be really interested in doing a qantas version. Apparently the winglets arent great on the a330 it would be interesting to see if an a330-900 comes out 

Replacement winglets are available from BraZ Models if you want them.

An A330-900 would be nice. I don't know if there is anything in the pipeline but the fact that Revell are re-releasing the A330-300 would suggest not. I suppose it's a possibility at some point in the future since Condor have two active and eleven on order. This would make an eye-catching model:coolio: and we can always hope ...

Dave G

On 10/01/2023 at 23:56, Skodadriver said:

Replacement winglets are available from BraZ Models if you want them.

An A330-900 would be nice. I don't know if there is anything in the pipeline but the fact that Revell are re-releasing the A330-300 would suggest not. I suppose it's a possibility at some point in the future since Condor have two active and eleven on order. This would make an eye-catching model:coolio: and we can always hope ...

Dave G

Eastern Express announced a A330NEO some time ago.

I just have no idea how to get EE kits at the moment for well known reasons😳

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I'm looking forward to the A330 with the Trents. Especially if Ray at 26 does the RAF Voyageur. 🤗

Don't count on the Trents. Wait and see what is actually in the box. As I said earlier, Revell have form for pretending that a reissued kit is something it clearly isn't.

Don't forget that BraZ Models make very nice Trents for the A330 so even if Revell don't provide them you can still build a Trent-engined A330 without any difficulty. Here is a rather poor quality photo of one I built several years ago:

52624830224_e71a1c16e4_z.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skodadriver said:

Don't count on the Trents. Wait and see what is actually in the box. As I said earlier, Revell have form for pretending that a reissued kit is something it clearly isn't.

Don't forget that BraZ Models make very nice Trents for the A330 so even if Revell don't provide them you can still build a Trent-engined A330 without any difficulty. Here is a rather poor quality photo of one I built several years ago:

http://52624830224_90508bed58_z.jpgSAM_0087 by David Griffiths, on Flickr

2 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

http://52624830224_90508bed58_z.jpgSAM_0087 by David Griffiths, on Flickr

Im thinking the same wait until you see inside the box.

For some reason I thought the Braz engines had the fan blades going the wrong direction....please correct me if I am wrong. 

No idea and I can't honestly say it's the sort of thing that would worry me. They look like Trents from a reasonable viewing distance which is good enough for me!

BTW, you will see I have edited my post to insert a better copy of the photo.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

In the video in the Rumourmonger Nuremburg 2023 thread, about 29m30s in, the A330 can be seen. The engines appear to be PWs unfortunately.  If it's due out in March, I would have expected Trents to have been tooled by now if that's what was going to be included. Maybe they'll surprise us.