Buccaneer Paint Colors

Curt B

Hey All,

I'm about to order the new 1/48 Airfix Buccaneer, and I'd like to get most of what I need for the build, including paint, if possible.  I have no idea what cockpit and exterior paint colors would be appropriate for the plane that is depicted on the box cover, so, could anyone educate me on what paint colors would be appropriate for this aircraft?  I figured if any folks would know, they would be here!  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Curt B

Happy to be corrected by more informed sources, but I believe all Buccaneer cockpits were Dark Admiralty Grey BS381C: 632.

Assuming you're referring to the recent 1:48 Roysl Navy S.2C/D kit, all four decal options wore overall Extra Dark Sea Gray BS381C:640.

Both of the above colors are available in several paint lines so your preferred brand(s) would be needed to narrow down specific recommendations.

You answered my question perfectly!  Based on a few other things I found, your recommendations are just what I was looking for.  Thanks so much!  The only thing I haven't found yet (in stock) are any cockpit/interior sets.  Looks like Eduard has a nice (though expensive) Space set which is probably what I'll get.