Viper,Falcon whatever you call it this is where it started.

Hi folk's,I never consider Hasegawa kits as oldie's as I never really saw them till the mid eighties but thinking about it that was a long time ago now so in

my current oldies mindset I picked up a nice example for £6 with decent looking decal's for a future entry for this GB fits nicely into the brief and my liking

for colourful scheme's.It's a Hales boxing photo's when it arrive's. It will be in the Red,White and Blue scheme.

• Like 7

Hi folk's kit arrived and the box was tired and battered but inside the kit was still sealed in great condition,had a tinker with the main parts and suprised that it has

recessed lines should build nicely only the scheme will be challenging,once the EFA and P-80 are done it's the Gripen's turn so for now she'll be boxed up.

20221116_141652

• Like 7

I built this model a few years ago. I sacrificed a Hasegawa F-16A kit for the cockpit, undercarriage and wheel wells, and I used several upgrade kits designed for the F-16A, e.g. seat, jet intake and jet nozzle.

Sorry about the poor photo.

spacer.png

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Steve,

I think this may be the same kit I built back in the 1970's it came with markings for either the YF-16 or a something in the two tone blue/cream sort of camo but I did it in Greys with Micro/Superscale decs. I finally got round to replacing it a year or so back.

Pete

5 hours ago, PeterB said:

Hi Steve,

I think this may be the same kit I built back in the 1970's it came with markings for either the YF-16 or a something in the two tone blue/cream sort of camo but I did it in Greys with Micro/Superscale decs. I finally got round to replacing it a year or so back.

Pete

Yes same kit Pete that's the other option on the sheet and it looks nice too.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Pity to get so far and the decals have let you down. Caracal did a sheet on early F-16s including the prototypes if you are able to find a sheet or know someone who has one. 

Decal sheet:- http://caracalmodels.com/cd72103.html

Cheer's Jabba I'm on the case of replacement if possible.

Hi Steve,

It is a long time since I built this but I know I still have decs from even older kits so I had a quick look - no joy I am afraid. I usually keep anything that may be of use on another kit or maybe if I need to do a refurbishment but I guess these were so type specific that I saw no point. They might turn up elsewhere, and if so I will let you know, but I am not optimistic.

Pete

• Like 1