Poseidon Falklands

junglierating

Reading forgotten voices of the Falklands at the moment....worth a read .

Anyway had a look at Google maps and MPA ...looks like when they took the phot there was a poseidon on the hardstanding....could be a bog standard 737 but its very grey....anyone fancy a look and give an opinion.

Guess its not suprising.

P.s dont think any opsec has been broken since its open source and anyone can take a look.

My version seems to have one of the Airbus A330 Voyagers turning onto the runway for a westerly take off. Are we talking about the same aircraft?

Two things struck me:-

1. Very pronounced almost vertical winglets casting shadows. 

2. A fuselage extension behind the rudder and elevators. Contains the APU on the Voyager. The Poseidon has a very stubby fuselage in that area which does not protrude so far.

The hardstanding in front of the hangar at the westerly end has an A400M Atlas (from shadows of curly props).

That is the problem with Google Maps. Different browsers can produce different results. I’m on Safari.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 10:44 AM, stevehnz said:

My Google Maps gets me one Voyager, but my Google Earth gets me three of they things with an A400 all on the main apron, the A400 going 'tuther way though. 

Steve.

... and a Typhoon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JagRigger said:

... and a Typhoon

Plus a ?Twin Otter a little further west.

Is it me, or is only one of the Airbuses grey and the other two are white?  The one facing the A400 seems to have some sort of airline livery round the rear fuselage, and the ghost of a title on the front right side.

1 hour ago, pigsty said:

Plus a ?Twin Otter a little further west.

Is it me, or is only one of the Airbuses grey and the other two are white?  The one facing the A400 seems to have some sort of airline livery round the rear fuselage, and the ghost of a title on the front right side.

Yeah, looks like a couple of the airtanker ones are there, think the later is the one that has been wearing jet2 livery