Posting non-site issues in the Help & Support Section

Mike

We've had a growing number of people posting threads in here asking for help with their decals, their mojo and all sorts of other bunk that just shouldn't be in here.  "Oh, I didn't know" isn't an excuse either, as there's a chuffin' great big red banner at the top of this section, as follows:

Once you've looked at the FAQ forum, post here if you still need help. NOT for modelling related issues.

So.  No excuse.  I've removed and relocated two threads in the last day and I'm pretty sure at least one of them has been here long enough to have known better, and BOTH of them were capable of reading the King's English at least to some extent.

Mods are here to help and as the name suggests, moderate discussions.  We're not here to wipe up after you, especially if you just can't be bothered to look for the correct section to post your thread in.  That also applies intrinsically to the "I'm not sure this is the right place, Mods please move if not" comment we cringe at when we see, which roughly translates to "I couldn't be bothered to look for the correct place, so now it's your problem".  Gee.  Thanks <_<

If you can't put and keep your musings in the right place, we're going to have to start summary deletions of threads in stupid places, as asking you nicely doesn't seem to work, so it seems the only way some people will learn is by being inconvenienced. :shrug: Don't say you haven't been warned.  Anyone having a strop because their thread has disappeared will be pointed to this thread.

To the rest of you, keep on trucking :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2022 at 02:22, bentwaters81tfw said:

@Mike can I make a suggestion? Change the title to Technical Help & Site Support. It just might register with the less savvy members.

Tried it. We then get questions about members pc’s, laptops, hard drives, browser etc.

• Haha 7
  • Sad 1

• Greg B pinned this topic
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Cliff7474 said:

It there anyway you can move a post to a different forum? I admit I have posted a couple times on the wrong forum, I know a silly mistake, but I am only human.

By PMing one of us Admins. We are also human and cant mind read as to what post and where ;)