1/144 - Hawker Siddeley HS-121 Trident 1C by X-Scale Models - released

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Hawker Siddeley HS-121 Trident 1C by X-Scale Models - 3D renders
  • 7 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Hawker Siddeley HS-121 Trident 1C by X-Scale Models - 3D renders+box art
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Hawker Siddeley HS-121 Trident 1C by X-Scale Models - 3D renders+box art+schemes
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Hawker Siddeley HS-121 Trident 1C by X-Scale Models - released
On 24/07/2023 at 10:54, Homebee said:

I have been playing spot the difference with variants 3 and 4 for some time but there don't appear to be any as far as the decals go. However, variant 4 may possibly have a silver underside and variant 3 a grey one. Do I win the prize?

2 hours ago, Middo said:

I have been playing spot the difference with variants 3 and 4 for some time but there don't appear to be any as far as the decals go. However, variant 4 may possibly have a silver underside and variant 3 a grey one. Do I win the prize?

Option three has the light grey lower fuselage, Option 4 has the natural metal lower fuselage that the very early scheme featured when they entered service.

2 hours ago, 71chally said:

Option three has the light grey lower fuselage, Option 4 has the natural metal lower fuselage that the very early scheme featured when they entered service.

There’s something weird about the dates given. These are all the same aircraft G-ARPA so it doesn’t make sense that the aircraft had the speedjack in 1966 (version 1) and then went back to the red square in 1968 (version 3) perhaps the dates on these should be reversed.

22 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

There’s something weird about the dates given. These are all the same aircraft G-ARPA so it doesn’t make sense that the aircraft had the speedjack in 1966 (version 1) and then went back to the red square in 1968 (version 3) perhaps the dates on these should be reversed.

I was commenting on the schemes 3&4 natural metal definitely came first and both in BEA red box.

However I get your point, should scheme 1 be early 1970s. Not sure when the red went from the undersides?

• 3 weeks later...