1/72 Zvesda SU24 FAB 500 query

cherisy

Hi

I'm just about to embark on the Zvesda SU 24 Fencer C .

Now I'm aware the kit has its origins with the Dragon kit whereby you had to buy the weapons sets separate. However this kit comes with 2 nice weapons sprues. Well nice with the exception of what I assume are FAB 500 M62s. They look far too skinny . I've compared them with the ICM Mig 25 RB offerings and are far too slim.

Could they be FAB 250s?

Has anyone else made the kit?

Thanks in advance 

Lee

47 minutes ago, cherisy said:

Hi

I'm just about to embark on the Zvesda SU 24 Fencer C .

Now I'm aware the kit has its origins with the Dragon kit whereby you had to buy the weapons sets separate. However this kit comes with 2 nice weapons sprues. Well nice with the exception of what I assume are FAB 500 M62s. They look far too skinny . I've compared them with the ICM Mig 25 RB offerings and are far too slim.

Could they be FAB 250s?

Has anyone else made the kit?

Thanks in advance 

Lee

FAB  500 are: Length: 2,470mm, 400 mm diameter, which in 1/72 is   34.3mm x 5.56mm 

FAB 250 are: Length: 1690mm, 325 mm diameter, which in 1/72 is    23.47mm x 4.51mm.

Have a measure up!

Selwyn

• Thanks 1

The Zvesda and Revell  releases of what was originally the Dragon kit included sprues from what had been the  standalone Dragon Soviet  Weapons Sets which in the case of Set 3 - Bombs and Rockets provided FAB-100 & 250 free-fall bombs , UB-16 & 32 Rocket Pods and Multiple Ejector Racks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Des said:

The Zvesda and Revell  releases of what was originally the Dragon kit included sprues from what had been the  standalone Dragon Soviet  Weapons Sets which in the case of Set 3 - Bombs and Rockets provided FAB-100 & 250 free-fall bombs , UB-16 & 32 Rocket Pods and Multiple Ejector Racks.

Yes however these sets were developed in early 90s, so there maybe some inaccuracies at today's standard or reference.  Set of full versions/variants, some hard to get even resin accessories released. But they are all out of production for long time.

DML is re-releasing there early products like 1/700 SSBNs and 1/35 small arm sets, but Su-24's moulds had sold to Zvezda ( at least heard 15 years ago, along with modern USSR tanks) , we may not have Soviet  Weapons Sets re-released.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Selwyn said:

FAB  500 are: Length: 2,470mm, 400 mm diameter, which in 1/72 is   34.3mm x 5.56mm 

FAB 250 are: Length: 1690mm, 325 mm diameter, which in 1/72 is    23.47mm x 4.51mm.

Have a measure up!

Selwyn

Cheers Selwyn! I'll give it a go 

22 hours ago, Selwyn said:

Have a measure up!

Selwyn

Well I  took a tape measure to the FAB 500 M62s  and whilst they are good in length they are too narrow in diameter.  It's like they've been on a diet .