1/72 AMP Pobeda 357

Hello everybody,

this is my comeback build after a nearly two years hiatus and I even think that this is my first RFI ever in this section, having done RFIs in the "target" section (armour 😉) before.

Anyway - this kit came to my eyes about three years ago and just because of the strange appearance of the craft I immediately knew that I had to build it sometimes. I didn't have any information about this ekranoplan, I never knew that it existed. The only information I have is from the istruction booklet of the kit. For anybody who is interested - I hope it's legible.

y4mQxRhTFxNUVqaO_qlISd728aH-3A4NUsghMJRr

Fact or fiction? I don't know.

The kit is a typical short run kit, but I enjoyed the build very much. You know what you'll get when you buy such a kit. The parts fit was partially very good, partially not so good, especially the clear parts for the windows and the windscreen were much too big, fuselage interior also. But with a little patience and perseverance all problems could be solved. For more information on the building process please see the WIP:

I used mainly MRP colours - white aluminium overall, dark aluminium for the moving parts of the tailplaine and some panels on the floats, chrome for the intake and front grille, titanium for the rearmost panels on fuselage and both floats, I used exhaust metal for the nozzles. The ladder and hatch are painted with Mr. Hobby stainless and the dark areas on the wings are painted with Mr. Hobby iron. Although the instructions call out for chrome overall except the areas on the wings I wanted to have some variety in the metallic shades and I wanted to enhance my abilities on NMF (well...).

Enough said, now on to the pics.

y4mx2tTkbIbFsKtIGiO77qU01gFAMHUpMZg7aK_3

y4mph-CyrVgrXaPb3L9iO2S0G_oRHVECVQ1dKVSh

y4mJYDh316bY7Kmt8DISZrmfv9sgmIixnE2wRT6g

y4mqYZGkaRb49wGVmH8JypS2de2ZaxleHu4HXCxR

y4mdXpjirQCthgEUX5pJ8s5ZUqu-qOtcyP_jy1zy

y4mr35ZuRGY6DAX81HRpBnKH2b8DRKfpkNFkoebm

y4m-reFCvxMARcKpG80WQoixYRW-Lohh8qRxL6nI

y4m-zq_PpB2vqn8T8JL7vt5ecQzRcTh3uoePvsbQ

I hope you like it!

Thanks for looking.

• Like 37

Hi Nick @flashlight, you've made a great job of this "curiosity" ! and the paint job is excellent. I especially like the variations that you've achieved.

Was it ever built ? Possibly.

Did it function as expected ? Doubtful.

As I remarked to my fellow club members when I was introducing the model after i'd built it, this was the closest I was likely to build a science fiction model !  :o}

Incidentally,  if you haven't googled "ekranoplans" already, there's heaps of stuff n the web that will demonstrate their modus operandi, and their difference from the set up of this vehicle.

I've enjoyed following your build, thanks.

Rog

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, roginoz said:

Was it ever built ? Possibly.

Did it function as expected ? Doubtful.

:)

- no
- no
It is a pure work of fiction, although I like both the subject and the backup story. And the execution, of course!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, flashlight said:

Hello everybody,

this is my comeback build after a nearly two years hiatus and I even think that this is my first RFI ever in this section, having done RFIs in the "target" section (armour 😉) before.

Anyway - this kit came to my eyes about three years ago and just because of the strange appearance of the craft I immediately knew that I had to build it sometimes. I didn't have any information about this ekranoplan, I never knew that it existed. The only information I have is from the istruction booklet of the kit. For anybody who is interested - I hope it's legible.

y4mQxRhTFxNUVqaO_qlISd728aH-3A4NUsghMJRr

Fact or fiction? I don't know.

The kit is a typical short run kit, but I enjoyed the build very much. You know what you'll get when you buy such a kit. The parts fit was partially very good, partially not so good, especially the clear parts for the windows and the windscreen were much too big, fuselage interior also. But with a little patience and perseverance all problems could be solved. For more information on the building process please see the WIP:

I used mainly MRP colours - white aluminium overall, dark aluminium for the moving parts of the tailplaine and some panels on the floats, chrome for the intake and front grille, titanium for the rearmost panels on fuselage and both floats, I used exhaust metal for the nozzles. The ladder and hatch are painted with Mr. Hobby stainless and the dark areas on the wings are painted with Mr. Hobby iron. Although the instructions call out for chrome overall except the areas on the wings I wanted to have some variety in the metallic shades and I wanted to enhance my abilities on NMF (well...).

Enough said, now on to the pics.

y4mx2tTkbIbFsKtIGiO77qU01gFAMHUpMZg7aK_3

y4mph-CyrVgrXaPb3L9iO2S0G_oRHVECVQ1dKVSh

y4mJYDh316bY7Kmt8DISZrmfv9sgmIixnE2wRT6g

y4mqYZGkaRb49wGVmH8JypS2de2ZaxleHu4HXCxR

y4mdXpjirQCthgEUX5pJ8s5ZUqu-qOtcyP_jy1zy

y4mr35ZuRGY6DAX81HRpBnKH2b8DRKfpkNFkoebm

y4m-reFCvxMARcKpG80WQoixYRW-Lohh8qRxL6nI

y4m-zq_PpB2vqn8T8JL7vt5ecQzRcTh3uoePvsbQ

I hope you like it!

Thanks for looking.

Very special thing.

Alain

• Thanks 1

I, too, agree with Samauriwarrior; this looks straight out of a 30s Flash Gordon comic strip or even the redoubtable 1980 film.  (Some parts you got to love, others you cringe at.)  It looks like it might work, maybe?  Your build of this kit is great as is the finish.  Thanks for sharing.