488 becomes Classic 88 **Finished**

JOCKNEY

I got my Toad resin Ju488 out of the stash last night, ready for this GB, this is a victory for me as looking for and finding aren't normally something that happens at the same time !

I haven't looked at this kit in years so had forgotten what it looked like. The description boasting of it being the most expensive 1/72 model kit at the time was surprising.  

20221108_102604

20221108_102623

However the real surprise is the kit itself. The amount of excess resin on the castings and extensive number of white metal parts means its far too much to attempt in this GB as I have unfinished builds everywhere and am really reluctant to add another one to the shelf of doom.

20221108_102825

20221108_103119

Not quite sure, where this bit goes 🤔 

20221108_103137

Therefore I will be doing this modern classic instead from 1973

20221108_103552

20221108_103606

Potters Bars, finest :like:

Good luck everyone 

Cheers Pat

• Like 10

Hi Pat,

do not hurt that frog!

It is a French resistance operative in disguise. Nobody would have guessed.

Clever choice to switch though...

Have fun!

JR

• Haha 4

It is actually not a bad kit as I remember it. Of course the cockpit detail is a bit lacking and I have my doubts about the Schrage Musik cannon which look a bit more like 75mm than 20mm, but perhaps they had some sort of shrouds?

Pete

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PeterB said:

It is actually not a bad kit as I remember it. Of course the cockpit detail is a bit lacking and I have my doubts about the Schrage Musik cannon which look a bit more like 75mm than 20mm, but perhaps they had some sort of shrouds?

Pete

Looking at photos, it seems that some of the Schrage Musik cannons were fitted with aerodynamic “sleeves”.

AW

• Like 2

Making steady progress but encountering a few issues along the way, some of the parts fit leaves a bit to be desired. 

20221120_175718

The props seem to have picked up some flak damage during manufacturer

20221121_101607

And finally and this is a bit embarrassing but I couldn't get the canopy to fit, there seemed to be a huge gap at the front and I couldn't see the problem  🤔

Yes you've guessed it the pilot was sitting too high in the seat the canopy was sitting on his head !

I obviously need new glasses 🤓

Cheers Pat

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I have recently bought new glasses Pat and still have problems like that! Fortunately I tend not to use the crew figures so that would have helped in this case.

Pete

• Like 1

Looking good Pat, you are certainly motoring along with this one. Plenty of time left to do the 488.😆 At least you would not have to upset Jean by melting the frog down for ballast as it does not have a nosewheel u/c.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Haha 1

• JOCKNEY changed the title to 488 becomes Classic 88 **Finished**

That's come up really well for a Classic Kit Pat, looks just like the excellent box top it came in. 

Cheers, well modeled and congrats for being first in the gallery... Dave 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That's come up really well for a Classic Kit Pat, looks just like the excellent box top it came in. 

Cheers, well modeled and congrats for being first in the gallery... Dave 

Thanks mate

I'm trying to get a few builds finished this year as hosting 2 classic GBs next year is likely to severely reduce my kit completions :crying:

No-one to blame but me :doh:however I can't wait to see what kits we can see getting built during them :thumbsup:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2