1/32 Hawker Sea Fury DB Model Kits - Announced!

wellsprop

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

This is great. I'll be getting one for sure, but will make it as a Dutch machine with the lower demarcation line, as delivered.

lJen2e6.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2024 at 3:40 PM, FG2Si said:

Well, at least I have time to finish my Fisher one.

I've heard nothing but good about the Fisher kit; weren't the moulds and masters for this lost in one of the the California wildfires?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gunzo said:

I've heard nothing but good about the Fisher kit; weren't the moulds and masters for this lost in one of the the California wildfires?

I've got a few Fisher kits and the overall quality is really good. His customer service was great too. 

The fit isn't always perfect but most times it's pointed out in the instructions if there is an issue. 

Yes, Paul lost his workshop with all the moulds and masters in a California wildfire a few years ago along with his home. 

Carl

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 05/01/2024 at 22:01, FG2Si said:

I've got a few Fisher kits and the overall quality is really good. His customer service was great too. 

The fit isn't always perfect but most times it's pointed out in the instructions if there is an issue. 

Yes, Paul lost his workshop with all the moulds and masters in a California wildfire a few years ago along with his home. 

Carl

One of the tragic stories indeed. I build 2 Sea Furies. Great kits, but hard work to get them in shape. Look forward to these kits. I still have one unbuild Fisher kit, the Skyray. The Grumman cats I sold and these now go for ridiculous prices on eBay. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TimvKampen said:

One of the tragic stories indeed. I build 2 Sea Furies. Great kits, but hard work to get them in shape. Look forward to these kits. I still have one unbuild Fisher kit, the Skyray. The Grumman cats I sold and these now go for ridiculous prices on eBay. 

Indeed, it was always great chatting with Paul and his customer service was excellent.

My LHS has the Skyray kit set aside for me. I'm stilling waiting for them to price it before I decide to buy it or not. If it prices anything like the Cutlass I picked up from them a couple months ago, I'll be getting it. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Box art

Source: https://www.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100084846155184&story_fbid=379116508259885

"So beautiful and yet so brutal. This is Piotr Forkasiewicz’s boxart for our 1/32 kit of the mighty Sea Fury. You can almost hear the smooth roar of the Centaurus, the whoosh of the 60lb rockets and the crack of the flak."

FB-IMG-1711539847786.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1