1/32 Hawker Sea Fury DB Model Kits - Announced!

wellsprop

• wellsprop changed the title to 1/?? DB Model Kits - Announcement 2PM Saturday at Telford
15 hours ago, johnny akes said:

Do we really need another guess-the-kit thread of peoples’ wishlists?

I don't mind with Airfix, Tamiya etc as we can attempt to find some logic, gaps in ranges, retoolings etc

DBMK have never released a kit, so it's just a free for all. Doesn't really achieve much (though they could be looking at this thread looking for ideas!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IT_Man said:

I don't mind with Airfix, Tamiya etc as we can attempt to find some logic, gaps in ranges, retoolings etc

DBMK have never released a kit, so it's just a free for all. Doesn't really achieve much (though they could be looking at this thread looking for ideas!)

Does a random thread on the Internet need to achieve anything beyond entertainment? If you took all that away and only left the serious stuff, it wouldn't be any fun would it

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IT_Man said:

27 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

Does a random thread on the Internet need to achieve anything beyond entertainment? If you took all that away and only left the serious stuff, it wouldn't be any fun would it

If we ignore the entertainment content of the web then what was left would likely terrify us.

20 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

1/48 Fairey Gannet!

Oh heaven Help Me. AEW.3 for preference. Overall arguably the least fit-for-purpose aircraft to enter FAA/RN service ever.

• Like 1

UK based and original drawings (or existing airframe) does actually narrow this down an awful lot.

Then, assuming they are only going to produce things that haven't been produced in the given scale - it narrows it even further....

Lots of FAA options is my observation! 

At the moment DBMK has announced, as a first announced a kit in 1/48 scale (Supermarine Scimitar), after several months a second announce in 1/32 scale for the Hornet ... now I'm waiting something in the once upon a time most popular scale ( in the '70): the someone called "Queen of scales": 1/72.  A new Scimitar or better a new accurate and correct in all the aspect Hornet is welcome ! 

Let see on Saturday.

I will be keen to see if they move into 1/72, and indeed what sort of quality the Scimitar and Hornet achieve. A new manufacturer of less obvious British aircraft in 1/72 would certainly get my attention!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SleeperService said:

If we ignore the entertainment content of the web then what was left would likely terrify us.

Oh heaven Help Me. AEW.3 for preference. Overall arguably the least fit-for-purpose aircraft to enter FAA/RN service ever.

Don’t forget the Marineflieger used the standard Gannet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wellsprop said:

UK based and original drawings (or existing airframe) does actually narrow this down an awful lot.

Then, assuming they are only going to produce things that haven't been produced in the given scale - it narrows it even further....

Lots of FAA options is my observation! 

52488161472_0e20a79242_b.jpg

Yep! Lots of FAA options: wings folded or wings extended 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2