F-4F Norm 81, Hasegawa 1/48

I'm calling this one done.  It is the older Hasegawa 1/48th F-4F.  It's the third Hasegawa F-4 that I have completed in the last several months, following 2 RAF Phantoms.  

There are many variations of the Norm 81 camo.  I went with a version that I saw in several photos, with sharper definition between the colors and the upper colors coming down lower on the fuselage sides.

I used Caracal decals to represent a jet with JaBoG 35 based at Pferdsfeld, West Germany in the 1980s.

I tried using our table for photos since I thought a white background would wash out the colors.

Finished Left Side

Finished Right Side

Finished Upper L Fwd

Finished Rt Rear

• Like 60
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jens said:

All long-nosed Hasegawa Phantoms have recessed panel lines.

Jens

Mostly correct.  The horizontal stabs had raised panel lines.  They are the "unslotted" version, probably a holdover from the C/D kit.  The stabs also had the triangular reinforcement plates on both the top and bottom.  I sanded those off since most photos show the Luftwaffe jets didn't have them.  Also, the inboard wing pylons have very faint raised lines.  I used True Details aftermarket inboard pylons.  

3 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

That's fabulous! Can i ask what paints you used as they look absolutely spot on 👍👍

Thank you very much.  I used Testors Model Master enamels.  My WiP has the specific colors.

Here they are, if you want the short answer.  Missing is the Lichtgrau, which is only used on part of the belly.  For that I mixed flat white with the FS 36495.

MM Paints Final

The letters B, D, C, E, A correspond to the Caracal decal painting guide.

• Thanks 1

"Lovely" probably isn't the word one would use when speaking of Phantoms or models of Phantoms. But in my mind your model is lovely. I truly wish I could build and paint that well.

• Like 1