1:72 Zvezda Su-27SM Russian VKS

Hello guys.I finished this model today.I built it for a customer of mine.Built it pretty much OOB and just rescribed (deepend) the panel lines and added rivets here and there.Also added a sewing needle instead of the flimsy kit pittotube.painted in HATAKA lacquer paints fro the su-27 camo.I used vallejo and ak interactive clear varnishes and weathered it with some airbrush posthading and artist oils.

Enjoy the photos

f0WYJeP.jpg

LGXATYd.jpg

2CzSWiJ.jpg

OSjYjqB.jpg

RIK4HI4.jpg

FBuTBzi.jpg

yvmkye1.jpg

7IpnKdO.jpg

FMrEWus.jpg

Itghwdf.jpg

J63biYO.jpg

cQ4mbmG.jpg

1zpVWju.jpg

IrHa2Mj.jpg

gyIRdcj.jpg

O3e99mj.jpg

QALC1Ua.jpg

EbcRtW7.jpg

• Like 45
  • Thanks 4

The SU-27 and family have always seemed to me to be a very beautiful aircraft.

I have the SU-30 also from Zvezda 1/72. I consider it a very good kit.

But to the subject: I really like the weathering work you've done on the model, of great realism.

Congratulations !!!!

Andrés.

Thank you my friends.

@flashlight the exhausts were painted in the following sequence.I painted them in AK Extreme metal dark aluminium.Than mixed a bit of tamiya random matt blue with a couople of drops of ak dark aluminum and sprayed the blue discoloration.Then painted the orange one with tamiya gold.Again oversprayed it with a diluted dark aluminum.Than postshaded everything with tamiya smoke especially on the panel lines and the end of the exausts to make it a different and darker shade.Than again postshaded some of the parts with the blue and aluminium mix and that is it :D

• Like 1