Any rumours for Telford?

rob

36 minutes ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

Airfix maybe ?

Very doubtful. There was a discussion about Telford on, I think the most recent edition of, Airfix Sprue Talk and they said they would not be announcing any new kits at Telford. The 2023 range will be announced early in January as has been the case for the last couple of years. 
It does sound like there will be a significant number of new tooled kits in 2023, but all we can do is speculate because the people who are in the know aren’t talking.

Beyond Airfix, the only mainstream kit manufacturers that will be in attendance are Wolfpack Designs and Kinetic; those are really two sides of the same coin.

Neither Eduard or Special Hobby will be there nor any other Czech manufacturers. No Revell or Tamiya either and, for understandable reasons, no Ukrainian companies will be there, at least according to the confirmed trader’s list on the SMW website.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

Airfix maybe ?

Airfix only have the 1/24 Spitfire and a quickbuild car left to release this year. My guess would be that they will announce a couple of new vintage classics to fill the gap until 2023.

2 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

or Tamiya either

Aren't Tamiya usually represented by the UK-based Hobby Company at Telford? If Hobby Co. aren't going to be there, that strikes me as a (potentially) bad sign. They're based in Milton Keynes, so it's only a two-hour drive. Perhaps due to the cost of attendance, maybe? 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

46 minutes ago, spruecutter96 said:

Aren't Tamiya usually represented by the UK-based Hobby Company at Telford? If Hobby Co. aren't going to be there, that strikes me as a (potentially) bad sign. They're based in Milton Keynes, so it's only a two-hour drive. Perhaps due to the cost of attendance, maybe? 

Cheers. 

Chris.  

The Hobby Company is apparently going to be there. I’m not in the UK so I didn’t realise that this company was Tamiya’s importer. There may be other traders on the list who will be representing other companies not listed.

Here’s the link to the full list.

https://ipmsuk.org/ipms-scale-modelworld/traders-at-scale-modelworld/

(The) Hobby Company are on the list, they rep Tamiya, Italeri, Dragon and Zvezda in the UK.

They won't announce anything on behalf of Tamiya though, so doubt you'll get any news from them.

Surprised Revell aren't there, shame as I was expecting (hoping) to see a build of the Hurricane on their stand.

1 hour ago, Leamy said:

Airfix only have the 1/24 Spitfire and a quickbuild car left to release this year. My guess would be that they will announce a couple of new vintage classics to fill the gap until 2023.

This is a good sign actually. This is the first year in recent memory that at least one announced release hasn’t slipped into the following year. So, Airfix seem to have got a good handle on managing their development process and supply chain even with the ongoing logistics issues.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Very doubtful. There was a discussion about Telford on, I think the most recent edition of, Airfix Sprue Talk and they said they would not be announcing any new kits at Telford. The 2023 range will be announced early in January as has been the case for the last couple of years. 
It does sound like there will be a significant number of new tooled kits in 2023, but all we can do is speculate because the people who are in the know aren’t talking.

Beyond Airfix, the only mainstream kit manufacturers that will be in attendance are Wolfpack Designs and Kinetic; those are really two sides of the same coin.

Neither Eduard or Special Hobby will be there nor any other Czech manufacturers. No Revell or Tamiya either and, for understandable reasons, no Ukrainian companies will be there, at least according to the confirmed trader’s list on the SMW website.

Wolfpack Design and Kinetic are two different companies.

• Like 1

Revell wasn't there last year either. Wasn't a 100% sure so had a quick look at 2021 show guide and they were not listed. Last time they attended was in 2019. Had a quick look through the list and some smaller companies are in attendance like Dora Wings (Ukraine), AMG, L'Arsenal - so not much of an excuse for Revell not to attend.

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Wolfpack Design and Kinetic are two different companies.

Yes, right you are. I was confusing Wolfpack with Skunkworks, which I believe has the same owner as Kinetic.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SleeperService said:

I predict that kits will be announced but they will be; the wrong scale, the wrong version, decal colours wrong, and/or the price is too high.

I think you may have covered most of the bases for objections there🤣

But also : Why are they making it when there is also one available in scale X from company z😝

(And to save any confusion, all said firmly tongue in cheek with no seriousness whatsoever....)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, treker_ed said:

I think you may have covered most of the bases for objections there🤣

But also : Why are they making it when there is also one available in scale X from company z😝

(And to save any confusion, all said firmly tongue in cheek with no seriousness whatsoever....)

And the trite and slightly smug reply ‘because model A by Company B doesn’t make money for company C’ 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SleeperService said:

I predict that kits will be announced but they will be; the wrong scale, the wrong version, decal colours wrong, and/or the price is too high.

Perfect! That means a new 1/48 Su-15TM Flagon is still possible, as using your logic I seem to be the only person who wants one.

Really just waiting to buy already-announced kits (1/32 Revell Hurricane, 1/48 Meng F-4G and Kinetic 1/48 SHAR and tractor), and will wait for the beginning of the new announcements in 2023.

Tony

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tony.t said:

Perfect! That means a new 1/48 Su-15TM Flagon is still possible, as using your logic I seem to be the only person who wants one.

You aren’t the only one. I have a stalled build of the Trumpeter kit. Once in a while I’ll think about finishing it, dig out the box, sigh, and then put it back.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 11:13 AM, Maverick231 said:

Maybe Kinetic will bring some sort of test sample of their C-17?

OH PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! and PLEASE! Would love to see it. Might that pave the way for more future 1/72 scale cargo aircraft? I STILL dream of a 1/72 C-124 and wouldn't turn my nose up at a 1/72 C-133.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SAT69 said:

OH PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! and PLEASE! Would love to see it. Might that pave the way for more future 1/72 scale cargo aircraft? I STILL dream of a 1/72 C-124 and wouldn't turn my nose up at a 1/72 C-133.

I'd just be happy with an all singing all dancing 1/72 BAe ATP

• Like 2