Mcdonnell F101B Voodoo

Finish no9 for 2022 is Revell's F101B Voodoo in RCAF livery, No409 Sqn RCAF Nighthawks based at CAFB Comex BC. Built OOB less the Belcher Bits decals and the air brake area had a rivets panel added made from a aluminium can. This is the later scheme in a semi gloss version of US air superiority grey on the second batch of Voodoo the RCAF received from the USAF. The first batch did not have the IR sensor on the nose while the second did but did not have formation lights so these were removed from the kit moulding along with some of the antenna under the nose and behind the cockpit. The Belcher bits decals work okish but don't like Microsol, I had to remove a couple that wrinkled badly and used the kit decal instead along with some of the stencil data. Painted with just Tamiya acrylics this time as I couldn't find the correct Mr Hobby colour in my area. As usual all comment welcome.

FwIyPhNs_o.jpgFjUhvOzC_o.jpg

9NJzEKRJ_o.jpg

8brA1XSf_o.jpg

LZi6KKCM_o.jpg

mA6xS6Pm_o.jpg

FKEIfhkL_o.jpg

ZZtvuh8W_o.jpg

LAvGTDbZ_o.jpg

78nIn5gi_o.jpg

Rln42YZu_o.jpg

I didn't realise how big the Voodoo was when I started but its bigger than the F102 Delta Dagger I finished earlier this year.

e2qt8f1I_o.jpg

AJ6NVXyq_o.jpg

• Like 16

HI,

a great build and a pleasure to look at!

Congrats are definitely in order.

Just one question:  is the beige color of the 101 the correct color, or is your lighting tinted?

I thought the Canadian Voodoos were light grey.

Well done.

JR

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jean said:

HI,

a great build and a pleasure to look at!

Congrats are definitely in order.

Just one question:  is the beige color of the 101 the correct color, or is your lighting tinted?

I thought the Canadian Voodoos were light grey.

Well done.

JR

It's tamiya xf12 but the light bulb is warm white, must change it for a pure white instead.

• Like 1