Revell 1/72 Handley Page Halifax B.III Prototype R9534

Super impressive and beautiful overall craftsmanship. I reckon if colour photos of this aircraft ever existed, it would look exactly the same as this immaculate representation. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

• Like 1

This is a different take on the Halifax.  I am envious on how well you can do yellow undersides, how realistic it looks and the weathering is superb to boot.  To me a yellow finish is harder than a metallic finish on getting it to look realistic and not like 15 coats have been painted on to get complete coverage.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 7:55 PM, alzictorini said:

Nice one Woody and a good project to invest and build, what’s next.

Thanks mate, not sure what's next although I've dug an Azur FW58B out of the cupboard of doom to finish off but tempted to start the new Airfix Annie, it looks gorgeous.

20 hours ago, georgeusa said:

This is a different take on the Halifax.  I am envious on how well you can do yellow undersides, how realistic it looks and the weathering is superb to boot.  To me a yellow finish is harder than a metallic finish on getting it to look realistic and not like 15 coats have been painted on to get complete coverage.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks George, I agree about the yellow, it is very transparent. The way I got round this problem was to lay a base of white down first then mix a bit of white into the yellow. This was in part to dull it down, but in part to improve the opacity.

23 hours ago, Cees Broere said:

Fantastic, but then again I’m a Halifax freak.

Looking forwards to seeing yours and Toms 1/48 ones finished at Telford so you should be busy this week 🤣 See you there mate :)

On 11/7/2022 at 4:21 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

Super impressive and beautiful overall craftsmanship. I reckon if colour photos of this aircraft ever existed, it would look exactly the same as this immaculate representation. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

Thanks Dave, I'd love to see a colour photograph emerge!

• Haha 1