Revell 1/72 Handley Page Halifax B.III Prototype R9534

Absolutely superb! Makes for a very different Halifax with the yellow. 

Lovely subtle weathering too - beautiful job. 

Tom

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woody37 said:

As a slight diversion away from Bomber Command, I'm wanting to build a few civvy and prototype variants of the aircraft that served the force during WWII and the group build was a perfect opportunity. The Revell kit goes together well but suffers some shape and detail issues that get in the way of the overall look if you know the aircraft well. I've attempted to correct most of them, particularly the engine nacelles and fortunately @Stew Dapple saved me with some metal Aeroclub props. I'm not completely happy with my efforts on the exhaust collector rings, but they look better than the standard kit offering. Painted in MRP lacquers apart from the green which is Tamiya XF-81 and Resin Lanc wheels and gun barrels. I noticed an oversight after taking the pics, it looks as if the rear of the mid upper was painted rather than clear so I might sort that out. The aircraft went through several configurations in its time so it's a case of choosing one based on a photograph, but it's hard to get it wrong!

The build is here:

The aircraft as modelled with original tailplanes but BP Type A mid upper and Tollerton nose

spacer.png

Later tails fitted. Shorter Carb intake ducts fitted here too for some reason

spacer.png

And the plastic pics:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png