M4A3E8 'Red Devil"

This model has been a very rewarding and enjoyable build. Ive built and completed 4 models now with the bulk of this one coming in at number 2 (3rd to be completed though) and I learned a ton during the process and am quite happy with how it turned out. Thanks for stopping by!

52477899766_9535d435ac_k_d.jpg

52478175314_e6d97cf8f7_k_d.jpg

52478175179_da3a6b6039_k_d.jpg

52477397832_fdc2585441_k_d.jpg

52054944415_1e1d97453c_k_d.jpg

52040713009_f1b4f1b3a8_k_d.jpg

(My next step with the hobby is definitely sorting out a means to take better photos) 

Always looking for tips to improve with and thanks for taking a look, cheers guys!

• Like 41

Terrific paint and weathering effects, and the figures look good.

One suggestion - maybe some straps or rope to secure the jerricans and ammo boxes to the rear rack. Thread or thin strips of tamiya masking tape can be used for that. 

• Thanks 1

Hi ThreatLvlMidafternoon,

I love the model, and I don't know if I would like the "war paints" on a model of mine (probably because I don't think it will fit me as well as you), but it looks great, and the figures are very good too, along with such nice details as the ammo rounds.

Good Job!

Cheers and TC

Francis,👍

• Thanks 1

On 14/11/2022 at 16:29, Mike Powell said:

That's a nice piece of work. I'd be proud to have done that.

Can you tell me the source of the two figures? I've been looking for that headgear.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks! The figures came in the kit, its a Tamiya m4a3e8 korean war kit. The figures in the kit came with two options of headgear, the flap hat and a couple of M1 helmets

Edited by ThreatLvlMidafternoon

On 05/11/2022 at 04:54, IanC said:

Terrific paint and weathering effects, and the figures look good.

One suggestion - maybe some straps or rope to secure the jerricans and ammo boxes to the rear rack. Thread or thin strips of tamiya masking tape can be used for that. 

Great tip! im now realizing not only did i forget to put some strapping on, i also forgot the tow rope haha oh well i think ill call it good and continue on with my strv 103c. live and learn

We are generally told such markings are to strike fear among those facing them in the chaos of action and that the advantage thus gained would more than offset the loss of camouflage. I believe their practical purpose is to instill the warrior ethos amongst those adorned with them. If one appears ferocious they may become so for a time, whether they're Rice's Red Devils, the AVG, a fierce masked samurai or the first stone age man who smeared colors on his face before heading off to kill those sweethearts living in the next muddy ravine over.

• Like 1