Airfix 1/48 Avro Anson N9732 of 500 Sqn (County of Kent) June 1940

A magnificent rendition of the Faithful Annie.  Looks bigger than 1/48th is some of the photos and that tubular internal framework is most impressive. Top painting and finish too!

Mark

• Thanks 1

What a great result that is. It looks somewhat better than the 1/72 version! I certainly would not mind having a go at one of these. The interior is very well detailed, and I agree about the glazing, yours looks top notch.

Ray

• Thanks 1

That's wonderful. I've been eyeing this kit up since it's release and you've inspired me to have a crack at one now me thinks. You've certainly put some work into that interior and unlike some aircraft at least some of it is actually visible so it was worth all the effort. Thanks for sharing 👍👍

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gazza l said:

Fantastic build, I do like the finish, not to flat. Which of the GX range did you use?

gazza l

Thank you 🙂

I used GX100 for the gloss coats and GX114 for the flat coat. They are such nice varnishes to use.

Matt

• Thanks 1

Wow,

Thank you all so much for your kind comments 😊

Yes this was most definitly a quick build, I was fortunate enough to have 2 weeks leave booked in when the Anson arrived on my doorstep, so I made the most of that. I averaged about 12 hours a day on the old girl with a small break on Thursday when I realised I have run out of matt varnish, doh!

I have been chatting to a friend who is also building the Anson and he has reported back a similar issue with one side on each undercarriage nacelle not lining up properly and leaving a step that needs sanding back, so something to watch out for.

Again thank you for your feedback, has made me a very happy chap!

Matt