Tamiya Tiran 5

Tojo72

I’m building Tamiya’s Tiran 5,it has been a great little build so far,nicely detailed,the only thing i’m replacing is the one piece tracks and the string tow cables.

My question is about paint,in a lot of pictures that I see their color appears to be more of gray,I got this color from AK-Real, Sinai Gray,looks more yellow brown.Is it appropriate,there was recently a very nice feature build that I saw and it looked almost a gray color,any thoughts or suggestions.

thanks

20221104-084924.jpg

20221104-084937.jpg

Edited by Tojo72

This is the early Tiran 4 at Bovington in original paint, showing Syrian colours beneath.  Given to the UK in about 1976 IIRC.  Notably greyish.  The AKI colour in your bottle looks too brown to me.  If you want an AK Real Color I would go for their 1973 Sinai Grey AKRC096.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

Neither of the tanks in that photo are the Tiran.  The front one is a T-62 and the back one is a Type 59.  The lower photo is of the Type 59.  Both in Iraqi paint.

2 more pics of the Tiran 4.  Yes it has the original single engine grille.  Along with the gun with no fume extractor and spider wheels that makes it a T-54-3 or Model 1951.

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Kingsman said:

Neither of the tanks in that photo are the Tiran.  The front one is a T-62 and the back one is a Type 59.  The lower photo is of the Type 59.  Both in Iraqi paint.

2 more pics of the Tiran 4.  Yes it has the original single engine grille.  Along with the gun with no fume extractor and spider wheels that makes it a T-54-3 or Model 1951.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I never said they were Tirans as the question was about paint colour and those show the differences in the colour in the same time period in question and there is not much variation, also your pictures are of a vehicle indoors under artificial lighting not showing the true colour.

This is true, but it hasn't been outdoors for several years so daylight is a problem.  And then there is the question of sunny or dull days.  But regardless of lighting the colour of Iraqi tanks in the 1990s is no comparator for Israeli tanks of the 1970s.  They were quite different colours.