- GLADIATOR turned into GAUNTLET - ICM and scratch -1/32

IPMS19

To day is a great day for me....my birthday......In such opportunity it is usual to receive  gifts... and I get this one .....Impossible to escape the challenge to defend my reputatuion as a modelller.....So no Gauntor today.......

The subject : I let you guess : A cat  of course

This one is wooden 3D a Manokineko Japanese lucky charm cat...

GnyycE.jpg

QZnm6e.jpg

eBHzdH.jpg

-Miss Vera at watch.......

4DLwtl.jpg

- The end product....

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, galgos said:

Bravo, c’est formidable! 

-Not visible ( happilly)  on the photos are the onlookers and commentators in my back.......😆 only Miss Vera remained dignified.....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, marvinneko said:

That rigging... wow!

I'd like to do a Tiger Moth at some point and I'll have to learn how to do rigging.

- Try my method, the most important is to have the wings in two parts upper and lower. If the left and right wings are separated it works equally but ask for more work.

-ON THE UPPER LOWER WINGS: Drill holes where required ang glue oversized lenght of wire and glue both surfaces together then follow my previous post for the upper wing.

-For the wires, I use fishing wire. this one is 0,8";It is very strong and easy to fix with C.A glue

• Thanks 1

Thanks Adrian, but before decals a few detailing remain. The cockpit doors for instance which are another ''small details '' which are different from those on the Glad...Propeller;  I've elected the three blades one...Antena wiring  and then decals, but you are right, it is the last lap....At last.

• Like 1

GAME OVER;.......Meet you soon on R.F.I

-I'm not sure the Gauntlet wether was on duty in the 73 sq or not. It was rather the Fury, but I wanted to make something different from the red/White checkered one seen on most of the Gauntlet models.

-I still have the decals to change if the mistake is too conspicious

B5XGjF.jpg

PFfVMk.jpg

JpXxku.jpg

-I told you I LL GOT IT - it s done.......

-I would like to thanks the few heroes, Galgos and Ritchie notably, who followed faithfully my ordeal and particularly my friend Max whose help had been instrumental for the happy end of this assembly which was full of surprises in every steps of the assembly.....But it was a real fun....

• Like 5

Many congratulations JM, you have completed a build that I was thinking about knowing how difficult it was going to be before Silver Wings came to my rescue. She looks every millimetre a Gauntlet despite the squadron colours! By the way, most of the chequered ones in the photographs are actually 19 Squadron (blue and white), not 56 Squadron, (red and white).

0cIDfz.png

• Thanks 1

- I didn't think at first of  changing the colors of my Gaunt, till I discover the 73 Sq. colors didn't apply to it, confirmed by Gingerbob and you. I have decals for a 56 Sq red/white chequered Gladiator which could fit, but is not what I wished to have something different, I grafully accept your  kind proposal which is a perfect fit with my foolish love for cats.

- On the photo of the Gauntlet 19 Sq. gaggle, the machine of the photographer may be a different type of aircraft as the two wires close to the foot of the struts, twin bracing wires and no hint of aileron near tip wing tip may suggest. 

gJumK9.jpg

• Haha 1

On 11/02/2023 at 10:04, IPMS19 said:

.But it was a real fun...

That's what it's all about, you did a terrific conversion. It looks fantasique,bravo monsieur and thanks for the entertainment! :)

Richie

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, RichieW said:

That's what it's all about, you did a terrific conversion. It looks fantasique,bravo monsieur and thanks for the entertainment! :)

Richie

- Thank you Ritchie, It has been a pleasure and an help to have you on the line during each step of this assembly....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

- As promised I've changed the marking ofthe Gauntlet, with the help of our friend Galgos, to be in accordance with the history as the first version was wrong for this machine.She appears now in the markings of the Tiger Squadron.....I will post more photos in R.F.I

WIdcPi.jpg

GJ3ZwT.jpg

• Like 1