Canadian Armoured MG Carrier 1/35

Ted

Copper State Models has been releasing some interesting Great War armoured car kits, this is the most interesting one for me. I have a couple of their airplane kits too and they are all really nice.

20221103_193740

20221103_193818

The instruction book is so good, a few pages of history and information and then shaded 3D similar to Wingnut Wings instructions.

20221103_193834

20221103_193843

If all goes well I'll make a base and add a couple figures, one is a new CSM resin crew figure and the other an old Warriors resin fellow who has been waiting 20 years for a suitable diorama.

20221103_193932

• Like 12

And we're off and running. The fit is great and the design makes for easy assembly. Nothing like the brutally complicated Bronco Humber armoured car which was my previous build. The mold lines are worse than I thought they'd be for such a nice kit, cleaning up the parts I felt like I was working on an old Peerless/Italeri CMP. Not whinging, just a bit surprised.

20221103_221442

• Like 15

Not my area, but I saw the post about you building this and remembered that Airfix Model World had a build article on this very same kit in a recent issue!

October 2022 (issue 143) has an 8 page article on building, painting, & weathering this very same kit (with an extensive number of build pics!)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Muchmirth said:

You’ll enjoy the warriors figure they are really well done. Nice kit and good luck 👍

I haven't built one of their figures before, it does look super detailed.

1 hour ago, treker_ed said:

Not my area, but I saw the post about you building this and remembered that Airfix Model World had a build article on this very same kit in a recent issue!

October 2022 (issue 143) has an 8 page article on building, painting, & weathering this very same kit (with an extensive number of build pics!)

Thanks for letting me know, I'll check my local bookshop and see if they have a copy.

18 minutes ago, Ted said:

I haven't built one of their figures before, it does look super detailed.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll check my local bookshop and see if they have a copy.

If not, you could always buy it direct from Key publishing, or via digital (here's the link either way!)

https://shop.keypublishing.com/collections/modelling-single-issues/products/airfix-model-world-october-2022

• Thanks 1

This has gone together pretty easily, even though it's mostly smallish parts below the deck it all lines up well with the upper parts.

20221104_231921

20221104_231903

• Like 19

That looks really nice, very impressive, I do like the way the suspension looks. I like the way that they have done the instructions as well, I shall have to have a look at their kits and try something different for a change..

Ed

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, the kit is going together very easily. In fact it's ready for some paint. But before that I want to add treads to the tires to make them look more like the originals. I understand why CSM left the tires blank, and they do sell some 3D printed wheels with tire treads, but heck, how hard is it to drill a few divots. One tire took about a half hour of twisting the pin vise.

20221109_213900

• Like 17

Nice looking kit, I like the chassis & running gear detail, the sort of thing that makes me appreciate vehicle kits, even ancient armoured car ones. A lot of that is very recognisable.

I'll likely hang around a bit. :) 

Steve.

• Like 1

Thanks folks, I'm pretty happy with the tires. I did the treads on one more tonight and then needed a break so I put these fellows together. The CSM figure is great, very lifelike, the Warriors soldier is better sculpted and slightly cartoonish. 

20221110_193741

• Like 8

On 11/11/2022 at 2:40 AM, Jasper dog said:

Nice work!

The more I see of these CSM kits the more tempting they get. 

Atb

Darryl 

Thanks, yeah, I was looking at the other kits on their website yesterday, and am looking forward to seeing the Minerva in this group build.

I finished the tires and am now ready for some paint. I'll do a fair bit of interior painting and maybe some weathering before putting the sides on. 

20221112_091029

• Like 12