*done* Revell 1:72 Ju 88 D-2 and C-4 (actually KUTA)

vppelt68

• vppelt68 changed the title to Revell 1:72 Ju 88 A-5

I'm going to use this group build to finish two Ju 88:s I started, ummm wait, in the Africa GB nearly two years ago - here. Since then, I've slowly built on and painted some more subassemblies. I hope to finish those builds soon and add pics to the Inspiration Gallery as per the new rules allow. The C-4 and D-2 build plans have already been described at the previous build thread, so I won't repeat them here.

V-P

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Time to update my double build that must be finished and posted in the Inspiration Gallery when done. I've built these slowly in the last two weeks, but no pics, no posts!

IMG_20221115_191401

I decided to try a new approach in assembling the cockpit. Not according to the instructions, well of course not, but adding them piece/subassembly by piece to the fuselage. I can't postpone painting them any longer! If and when I start another one, that'll see the cockpit sidewalls attached to the rear fuselage halves before joining them.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/11/2022 at 19:23, vppelt68 said:

Time to update my double build that must be finished and posted in the Inspiration Gallery when done. I've built these slowly in the last two weeks, but no pics, no posts!

IMG_20221115_191401

I decided to try a new approach in assembling the cockpit. Not according to the instructions, well of course not, but adding them piece/subassembly by piece to the fuselage. I can't postpone painting them any longer! If and when I start another one, that'll see the cockpit sidewalls attached to the rear fuselage halves before joining them.

DON'T TRY TO DO THIS! IT DOESN'T WORK!

Well these too will be shoved back to wait for KUTA 2023 or 2030, who cares. I'll start a fresh kit in this GB soon! Two months to go, should be no problems. Oh, and the next Ju 88 I'll start with the cockpit!!!

• Sad 2

• vppelt68 changed the title to Revell 1:72 Ju 88 D-2 and C-4

I just couldn't allow myself to go on with my other current Group Builds before I get these two moving again. My shelf of shame is just too crowded.

The first one, C-4, is saved!

2023-01-26_10-11-14

I managed to get all the cockpit parts crammed inside and then join the fuselage parts around it. Combat losses: two mg barrels cut and lost. I will probably nip the third one off too and replace them all with ICM Dornier nightfighter kit's spares. It'll be good enough for me to have some sort of a barrel stub in every opening. Next, I´ll tackle the D-2 nose.

I'm only wondering, if the KUTA would actually be better home for this than the Ju 88 STGB. What do you think of that, Ensio a.k.a @Enzo the Magnificent ?

V-P

• Like 2

• vppelt68 changed the title to Revell 1:72 Ju 88 D-2 and C-4 (actually KUTA)
9 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

I'm only wondering, if the KUTA would actually be better home for this than the Ju 88 STGB. What do you think of that, Ensio a.k.a @Enzo the Magnificent ?

I would usually say "consult one of the GB hosts to see what they think".  Oh...   that's you!  :lol:

The KUTA GB is definitely the place for KUTAs, but then this GB is definitely the place for JU88s.  I would advise completing it here but - as it's a KUTA - displaying it in the inspiration gallery. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • vppelt68 changed the title to *done* Revell 1:72 Ju 88 D-2 and C-4 (actually KUTA)