Junkers Ju 88 family inspiration gallery

In the past I built the Airfix "A4" when it first came out, and then bought another one which I converted into a crude G. They are both long gone, as is the Matchbox 188, but I still have the old Revell C-6, albeit dismantled many years ago with view to a refurbishment which never happened. Subsequently I bought replacements for the C, G and 188 which I will try and build in this GB, but I also bought another Airfix A and cropped the wings and converted it to an A-1 for the BoB GB a couple of years ago - here it is.

DSC03608-crop

Pete

• Like 9

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ju 388 useing the Dragon Ju 88 g6 and the Aims Ju 388 conversion

P1040002

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As I said, my pair of Revell 1:72 A-1:s that were converted to a C-4 Nachtjäger and a D-2 Aufklärer would end up here in Inspiration Gallery as they were started many moons ago.

IMG_20230219_204618

Revell A-4/C-6 kit wingtips and ailerons, Eduard Bf 110 kit 900 ltr droptank and a SC250 for a forced recce mission over the Mittelmeer. 7A+NH from 1.(F)/121 that hopped from Sicily to Crete and Libya and then back and then on another round again. Revell enamel paints and Balkenkreuze, AIMS lettering and other insignia. Eduard masks, of course.

IMG_20230219_204632

B-position should be of the bulged, unarmored twin-mg type, which is unavailable by Revell and the Zvezda parts just don't fit these!

+++

IMG_20230219_204803

Revell A-1 kit spiced with C-6 Zerstörer nose cone and other relevant pieces, and the wingtips of course. R4+KL was a Sicily, later Libya based early nightfighter from 3./NJG 2. No radar antennae for me anymore, please!

Other build details exactly as with the D-2.

IMG_20230219_204752

+++

And here are all the three boringly similar builds I managed to finish - but not start :giggle:- during this extended, family STGB.

IMG_20230219_205036

+++

Speaking of boring Ju 88:s, here are all 10 of mine now. That's only double what @JWM managed to build during these past few months, well done!

IMG_20230219_204142

Starting from upper left:

- Frog Ju 88, my 3rd build after returning to the hobby :thumbsup:

- Zvezda A-5 Helbig's Anton Marie ⛈️

- Revell A-1

- Revell A-4 w/MG-FF (Finnish)

- Revell C-4

- Matchbox 188 (Finnish WHIF)

- Revell D-2

- Revell A-4 FuG 200 (I hate PE)

- Revell A-4 LT and

- Revell A-4 w/MG-FF.

Thanks @Enzo the Magnificent for running the circus for us! 9 of the 10 kits have been built, or at least started, in a GB and finished in them or a KUTA. V-P

• Like 3

1 minute ago, vppelt68 said:

Speaking of boring Ju 88:s

<Arthur Dent>

Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word "boring" that I wasn't previously aware of.

</Arthur Dent>

• Haha 2

Great set of 10 eighty-eights! I think you will not stop here. Still 388, P, H, S/R, Mistel,... could be added. At least I am planning to add few more to my five. By the way, the Frog kit looks a bit differently with round fuselage.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JWM said:

Great set of 10 eighty-eights! I think you will not stop here. Still 388, P, H, S/R, Mistel,... could be added. At least I am planning to add few more to my five. By the way, the Frog kit looks a bit differently with round fuselage.

Oh don't worry, there are at least two regular Ju 88:s I *must* do: I saw a photograph of an A-5f in full Operation Marita markings and You built an A-4 in LG 1 desert/night scheme, I want one too :wink:

• Like 1