Kinetic Models Telford Announcement - 40th Anniversary Harrier FRS1 and Gr3 w/ Deck Tractor

wellsprop

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/posts/pfbid022i6UvqM2tM2ZeWub3WwDuEVRQxmfcvE3aMZeejoE4WEhiozR2Dr1mAP9mvuYK5ufl

Hello dear Friends,

We are happy to announce that Scale Model World 2022, in Telford, will be the first sale for the New Tooled 48100 - F-16A MLU and 48102 - F-16C USAF model kits.

They will be available in limited quantity by Air Cargo.

We will be waiting for you...

314533920-209551624753443-35988344788069

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Also Falklands 40th Anniversary Harrier & Sea Harrier new boxings

- ref. 48138 - BAe Sea Harrier FRS.1 with tow tractor - Falklands 40th Anniversary - link

hi-PI000000286254.jpg

- ref. 48139 - BAe Harrier GR.3 with tow tractor - Falklands 40th Anniversary - link

hi-PI000000286256.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

That's curious that they chose to announce it before Telford...

I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more kit this year... The Gr3 would add to my Falklands collection though! (and then the Italeri Wessex, Kinetic Pucara, Mirage and Etendard).

Presumably, the deck tractor is Kinetic tooling?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• wellsprop changed the title to Kinetic Models Telford Announcement - 40th Anniversary Harrier FRS1 and Gr3 w/ Deck Tractor
13 hours ago, wellsprop said:

Presumably, the deck tractor is Kinetic tooling?

No it's the Skunkmodels Workshop Royal Navy Carrier Deck Tow Tractor Mk.II - ref. 48017

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/skunkmodels-48017-royal-navy-tow-tractors--972649

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/skunk/kit_skunk_48017.shtml

skunk-48017-title.jpg

V.P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Homebee said:

No it's the Skunkmodels Workshop Royal Navy Carrier Deck Tow Tractor Mk.II - ref. 48017

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/skunkmodels-48017-royal-navy-tow-tractors--972649

https://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/skunk/kit_skunk_48017.shtml

skunk-48017-title.jpg

V.P

Skunkworks is related to Kinetic though aren't they, like Trumpeter and Hobbyboss?

• Like 1

Hello Dear Friends,

See on the image the complete information about the location of Kinetic Model Table for the Scale Model World 2022, Telford, UK.

We will be waiting for you with awesome news and model exhibition.

See you there!!!

314461872-210165871358685-21611308482123

V.P.

• 4 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, James S. said:

Anyone have either of these kits yet? Lucky Model has them in stock and was wondering what the marking options are.

James

I haven't seen any mention of markings so I was expecting the Sea Harrier boxing to be the same as the boxing without the tractors unless maybe they've changed them to all Falklands markings? I guess no one is rushing to review them because they are not new tooling and it would help if Kenetic actually updated their website.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I haven't seen any mention of markings so I was expecting the Sea Harrier boxing to be the same as the boxing without the tractors unless maybe they've changed them to all Falklands markings? I guess no one is rushing to review them because they are not new tooling and it would help if Kenetic actually updated their website.

I'm hoping they have Falklands markings. The book, Sea Harriers of the Falklands War by Chris Sandham-Bailey is an amazing little book and there are some nice markings, so I'm hoping it's Falklands Markings only for both.

1 hour ago, James S. said:

I'm hoping they have Falklands markings. The book, Sea Harriers of the Falklands War by Chris Sandham-Bailey is an amazing little book and there are some nice markings, so I'm hoping it's Falklands Markings only for both.

The original Sea Harrier boxing contains markings for all the Falklands Sea Harrier's ( among others ) so I would think this would be the same. I don't own the the Gr.3 but the GR.1/3 boxing  instructions on Scalmates shows only one Falklands airframe so hopefully they've added a few.

3 hours ago, Tbolt said:

The original Sea Harrier boxing contains markings for all the Falklands Sea Harrier's ( among others ) so I would think this would be the same. I don't own the the Gr.3 but the GR.1/3 boxing  instructions on Scalmates shows only one Falklands airframe so hopefully they've added a few.

I have the original Sea Harrier and GR.1/3 boxings. I really hope the new GR.1/3 boxing has nothing but Falklands markings. The tow tractor doesn't really interest me, but I will probably get both at some point.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, James S. said:

I have the original Sea Harrier and GR.1/3 boxings. I really hope the new GR.1/3 boxing has nothing but Falklands markings. The tow tractor doesn't really interest me, but I will probably get both at some point.

Yes I'd like to know as I'd like a Gr.3 and I've already got the tractor as it came free with the first issue of the FRS.1. Since you now have to pay for the tractor I want to know if the decals are worth the extra price.

• Like 1