What's your latest acquisition? MkVIII

Procopius

A trip to Halifax Modellers World to pick up a couple of kits I had ordered. The Clear Prop DH9A, which looks very nice in the box and the Arma Dieppe dual boxing of the Hurricane. Pricey, but full of extras like PE, masks, and 3D printed parts. 

Also a seven day medicine box (dosette box) as I get fed up of messing about with the bubble packs on a daily basis

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Mr T said:

Also a seven day medicine box (dosette box) as I get fed up of messing about with the bubble packs on a daily basis

Yep, got one of those as well. Mine came in a carry case, 7 days, and divided into 4 sections each. One for am, pm, evening, and bedtime. Very handy. Once a week (usually Sunday) sit down and sort all the weeks pills out. Have a little production line going. Takes about 5 mins to sort out. Wife has one as well for all her meds. Both of us have ongoing medical requirements. I've been diagnosed as being diabetic, and also have to take some stomach meds. She has Crohn's Disease, so has to take regular meds. Best way to remember what needs to be taken and when (especially when you're autistic like me and not the world's best at remembering simple things like this...)

• Like 4

12 hours ago, treker_ed said:

Yep, got one of those as well. Mine came in a carry case, 7 days, and divided into 4 sections each. One for am, pm, evening, and bedtime. Very handy. Once a week (usually Sunday) sit down and sort all the weeks pills out. Have a little production line going. Takes about 5 mins to sort out. Wife has one as well for all her meds. Both of us have ongoing medical requirements. I've been diagnosed as being diabetic, and also have to take some stomach meds. She has Crohn's Disease, so has to take regular meds. Best way to remember what needs to be taken and when (especially when you're autistic like me and not the world's best at remembering simple things like this...)

Sounds like the one I have got. I have high blood pressure (well, would have without the meds) and had a stroke and so take stuff morning and night. When my mum was alive we did multiple boxes to last between visits (Leeds to near Kelso every 2 or 3 weeks) and there were a lot of medicines. Put me off having one for a while. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, UberDaveToo said:

I just got this today:

spacer.png

spacer.png

A stunningly gorgeous aircraft, along with the Republic XF-12 Rainbow. Good luck with the kit as Anigrand can be challenging at times.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

A stunningly gorgeous aircraft, along with the Republic XF-12 Rainbow. Good luck with the kit as Anigrand can be challenging at times.

Cheers,

Bill

I have a bit of experience with resin kits, I had done this one in 1/144:

spacer.png

And the Collect Aire North American AJ-2 Savage in 1/48th:

spacer.png

The Anigrand kit's fuselage parts are warped, but I can fix that with some hot water...

• Like 4

On 07/02/2023 at 19:54, Mr T said:

Now I thought that a true Yorkshireman would be more careful with his money, and do what I did. Stick little labels onto 35mm film pots and write the days onto them. Trouble is, the older I get, the more tablets I have to load up into them every Monday morning.

John.

• Haha 2

A modelling birthday at last, my second new Hurricane

spacer.png

And to help me along the way, these are my favourite books, they are all on my birthday and Christmas wish lists.

spacer.png

And a latecomer to the party.

spacer.png

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

Now I thought that a true Yorkshireman would be more careful with his money, and do what I did. Stick little labels onto 35mm film pots and write the days onto them. Trouble is, the older I get, the more tablets I have to load up into them every Monday morning.

John.

Not being a true Yorkshireman (only lived here for 51 years), I was willing to spend a pound in One Below. Besides, I have long since exhausted my supply of film canisters. Not advertising my Nottingham roots though after Sunday though. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

spacer.png

And to help me along the way, these are my favourite books, they are all on my birthday and Christmas wish lists.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers

Dennis

Nice presents, it's my birthday as well today, although not sure what I have got as we are away for la couple of days and going to open stuff when we get back on Saturday, as daughter will be with us then. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr T said:

Nice presents, it's my birthday as well today, although not sure what I have got as we are away for la couple of days and going to open stuff when we get back on Saturday, as daughter will be with us then. 

4 hours ago, spitfire said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers

Dennis

Happy Birthday to you both ! 🎂🍾🥃🍻🍺 !

Dennis

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rugbyfan said:

spacer.png

that's  a really nice looking model.You got anymore photos?

I do, built it for my dad, who's since passed on:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by UberDaveToo
Jumped the gun on "post new topic."
  • Like 9

A really  - errr - strange one.

Its a 1/48th - or possibly 1/49th scale Hurricane, made by Padgett Bros (A to Z) of Dublin. The box says 1/48, the instructions say 1./49th. Or it could be 1/65th, like one of the other models I saw.

SAM_2080

I saw this in a local garden centre today, in their chidren’s toy section (we had our grandson with us), one of the Cherry Lane group. They also had a Corsair, a Shenyan (?) jet fighter, and some tanks, that were definitely 1/65th scale. It was only £8, so I thought why not?

They are obviously kits for kids, intended to be played with, as it says on the reverse of the box build a working model.

I thought I'd open the box and have a look at the sprues. 

WOW !!!   I actually thought my sight had gone. Here are photos of what I saw;

Sam_2084 Sam_2083 Sam_2081

Firstly, the plastic is black (except when it's white) sprayed what actually doesn't look too bad a green in the flesh - photos do look slightly different.

Secondly, if you thought Airfix's panel lines were now trenches, the panel lines on this beast are Marianas trenches in comparison;

Sam_2087

But  ....... it has wheel wells for the undercarriage! 

On to the next, to show the ribbing detail on the fabric covered section of the plane; tailplanes and ailerons;

Sam_2082 Sam_2088

However, there is an instrument panel, and a cockpit of sorts - with sidewalls;

SAM_2089

it also has vinyl tryes, a cockpit canopy of awesome proportions, and decals that are actually stckers, rather than decals.

I had thought to keep this and build it with my grandson when he gets another year or so under the belt (he's near enough 4 now), but having had a good look at the sprues, I actually fancy a go at it to see what it will look like.

Has anyone ever seen these before?

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

@UberDaveToo your Father must have been very happy. A great gift for him and a great bit of happiness for you to present it to him Im sure. 

Yes, he was very pleased. My one mistake was the red fin cap. 

spacer.png

This is my dad and a buddy on one their planes on the compass rose at NAS Sanford, cira 1955.

And, he may be one of the sailors in this film...

• Like 4